String Butler Before & After Comparison

• I shared this years ago, this is a newer example. Mine works great.8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another fix: Get a Fender, get a PRS, get a MusicMan. ;)

Fenders don’t sound like a Gibson….in 30 years I’ve never found a PRS neck profile I didn’t hate and Music Mans are very nice (the St. Vincent sig is just killer)…..but don’t sound like Gibsons. (Might be that Leo Fender lineage)

I also find the tuning issue overblown.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Gibsons can't sound like Fender and that's unfortunate. ;) :P

Problems are probably just on particular guitars not the entire model lineup. No one can build a perfect guitar unless it was maybe made out of carbon fiber -which they do have now for $$$$$$$. LOL. A good setup, good maintenance, and stable temperatures should remedy tuning issues.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Problems are probably just on particular guitars not the entire model lineup. No one can build a perfect guitar unless it was maybe made out of carbon fiber -which they do have now for $$$$$$$. LOL. A good setup, good maintenance, and stable temperatures should remedy tuning issues.

On most guitars yes. But on Gibsons, and few others, with that string angle it doesn't matter if a good setup is done, good maintenance or stable tempratures. And if a Gibson is a must....well this is a good solution. I know others have installed a string butler and finally have a guitar that will stay in tune.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• On most guitars yes. But on Gibsons, and few others, with that string angle it doesn't matter if a good setup is done, good maintenance or stable tempratures. And if a Gibson is a must....well this is a good solution. I know others have installed a string butler and finally have a guitar that will stay in tune.

At least with my R8, none of the above is true. This is a guitar I bought new in 2005, from Guitar Center (gasp!). Other than regular string changes and general setups, it’s never been worked on.

None of the stability issues people talk about are present. The same holds true for a ES-335 a friend played on every stage in town for a decade.

I’m not saying the problem doesn’t exist. At the same time, to imply all 3x3 Gibson’s suffer from it isn’t really true, either.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• At least with my R8, none of the above is true. This is a guitar I bought new in 2005, from Guitar Center (gasp!). Other than regular string changes and general setups, it’s never been worked on.

None of the stability issues people talk about are present. The same holds true for a ES-335 a friend played on every stage in town for a decade.

I’m not saying the problem doesn’t exist. At the same time, to imply all 3x3 Gibson’s suffer from it isn’t really true, either.

I didn't say that did I?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

The problem is that the neck angle on any Gibson Les Paul is (too) steep. Which causes issues on many many Les Pauls. Not all, but many.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The problem is that the neck angle on any Gibson Les Paul is (too) steep. Which causes issues on many many Les Pauls. Not all, but many.

Put a locking nut on it. Problem solved. ;) I think the worse on Gibsons is the ease of head breaks. I've heard many wishing for a shallower angle like they do on the Epiphone line. I like the LP and SG. I just can't stand high-gloss finished necks unless they are severely worn down.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.