Using Kemper with Kabinet live for first time..

• I'm exicted.

I will be using the Kemper toaster head and Kabinet with a live band this weekend.

I'll be using M Britt profiles.

1. What should I tell the sound guy?

2. Is there a setting I should be using when going into FOH?

3. Will I be able to use my Kabinet as a monitor? Will it be loud enough?

Anything else I need to know?

• 1. That the PROFILER's output is pretty hot and that you can attenuate it (-12dB is an often quoted value) if necessary
    2. ask the FOH mixer if you will go mono or stereo over the PA (chances are: mono) - set the Main Outs to Master stereo or Master mono accordingly

3. make sure that the MASTER VOLUME on the PROFILER is not linked to the Main Outs (your feed to the PA), but to the Monitor Volume. This way you can just use the MASTER VOLUME knob as you would on a traditional amp, without worrying about the level to FOH

• 1. That the PROFILER's output is pretty hot and that you can attenuate it (-12dB is an often quoted value) if necessary
    2. ask the FOH mixer if you will go mono or stereo over the PA (chances are: mono) - set the Main Outs to Master stereo or Master mono accordingly

3. make sure that the MASTER VOLUME on the PROFILER is not linked to the Main Outs (your feed to the PA), but to the Monitor Volume. This way you can just use the MASTER VOLUME knob as you would on a traditional amp, without worrying about the level to FOH

Advice from an expert. Thank you!

• 1. In the output section. Press the output button and scroll through the menu. There are options to link and unlink volumes with the master volume. (Monitor volume, headphone volume etc.). Or: In rig manager there are boxes to check or uncheck linked volumes in the output section.

2. Speaker imprints never go to the PA. They only work in your Kabinet. If you turn CAB OFF in the output section, the cab f the profile will still be sent to FOH but not to your Kabinet. Make sure to turn the cab off in the output section only, i.e. don‘t turn the cab off entirely with the button next to AMP and EQ.

3. Use it like a real amp, pointing slightly away from you so you‘re not in the beam.

• I found the -12dB check and set it to mono. It's good to go :)

1. Where do I find the MASTER VOLUME settings to make sure it's not linked to the Main Outs?

2. Do I need to worry about bypassing the Speaker imprints when going through the PA?

2. Should I face the Kemper towards me as if it's my monitor?

1. output section, not by my kemper but just scroll through the pages until you find it

(per vjelen suggested manual reference)

"Output Volumes and Output Volume Link Within the Output Section you can find individual volumes for different physical outputs. When you press the correspondent "Link” soft button in "Output Volumes” or "Output AddOns”, you can link, or unlink, the respective volume to the MASTER VOLUME knob. Any linked volumes will be controlled by the MASTER VOLUME knob, without having to enter the Output Section again. You can link more than one volume to Master Volume – all linked volumes will be adjusted relatively to each other. All output volumes can still be controlled individually by soft knobs in the Output Section. An obvious live application is to unlink the MAIN OUTPUT connected to the main mixing desk of the venue – this means you can now change the volume of your monitor signal, or headphones, while the all-important main signal remains unchanged."

2. No, main out is not affected by Kone settings, only monitor out.

"Like the Monitor Cab Off feature, the KEMPER Kone mode is only available for the MONITOR OUTPUT, as well as for the built in power amp and is dedicated to your personal monitoring. The other outputs are not affected by these features. "

2.2. Assuming it's your Kabinet your referencing, if it's purpose is to be your personal monitor whatever sounds and works best for you to get the best interaction between your guitar and Kabinet for some glorious feedback?

• I found the -12dB check and set it to mono. It's good to go :)

1. Where do I find the MASTER VOLUME settings to make sure it's not linked to the Main Outs?

2. Do I need to worry about bypassing the Speaker imprints when going through the PA?

2. Should I face the Kemper towards me as if it's my monitor?

re 1: Main Manual 8.5, Output Section, page 110

re 2, 3: Main Manual 8.5, Kemper Kone, page 95

• Look forward to reading about the experience!

• Hope it goes well, been using mine live for 6 months now and playing tonight.

I love it and sound guy should also love it as no miking up etc.

• 1. In the output section. Press the output button and scroll through the menu. There are options to link and unlink volumes with the master volume. (Monitor volume, headphone volume etc.). Or: In rig manager there are boxes to check or uncheck linked volumes in the output section.

2. Speaker imprints never go to the PA. They only work in your Kabinet. If you turn CAB OFF in the output section, the cab f the profile will still be sent to FOH but not to your Kabinet. Make sure to turn the cab off in the output section only, i.e. don‘t turn the cab off entirely with the button next to AMP and EQ.

3. Use it like a real amp, pointing slightly away from you so you‘re not in the beam.

I'm using a Kabinet, so I assume I want CAB ON. correct?

Should I bring an extra long cable?

XLR or 1/4 guitar cable?

• Should I run XLR or 1/4 guitar cable to PA?

Manual pg 41:

"MAIN OUTPUT (1) (xlr and 1/4") These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: amp, cabinet, and all effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift to prevent a loop hum."

• I'm using a Kabinet, so I assume I want CAB ON. correct?

Manual pg 95:

"The KEMPER Kone is fully controlled by the software of your PROFILER. Please activate its “intelligence”, navigate to the "KEMPER Kone" page in the Output Section and press the soft button labeled KEMPER Kone

You will find three familiar parameters that we have mirrored on the KEMPER Kone page for your convenience: Monitor Volume, Monitor Stereo and Monitor Cab Off.

When Monitor Cab Off is not highlighted, the KEMPER Kone works in full range mode."