Kabinet as FRFR for other modelers?

• Curious..

what about a mission engineering 1x12 cab?

The have powered and non..

You have the Duncan so could get a non powered 1x12 or a monitor…depending on the look you want?

I tried a passive Mission Gemini 1x12 that belonged to a previous guitarist in my band, and I didn't like it at all. Maybe there was some setting that I just didn't have right, but it actually sounded worse than going direct into one of our Alto powered 12" PA speakers (which I think Headrush FRFRs are based on). And I was using a Helix at the time. But compared to going into my PS170 and v30 cab, it sounded awful. (yes, I had the cab block on the Helix enabled when I tried the Gemini, and disabled when going through my real cab. I know someone would ask if I didn't say it ?)

• I tried a passive Mission Gemini 1x12 that belonged to a previous guitarist in my band, and I didn't like it at all. Maybe there was some setting that I just didn't have right, but it actually sounded worse than going direct into one of our Alto powered 12" PA speakers (which I think Headrush FRFRs are based on). And I was using a Helix at the time. But compared to going into my PS170 and v30 cab, it sounded awful. (yes, I had the cab block on the Helix enabled when I tried the Gemini, and disabled when going through my real cab. I know someone would ask if I didn't say it ?)

What I have learned is that all monitors sound different and you have to tweak everything for each monitor....which is odd because you expect FRFR to be a good baseline, but as we have all found they are not the same.

Not saying the Mission Gemini is good or bad but I think with every monitor you almost have to start again to get a true view - which none of us have time to do :)