Fading In without an expression pedal

• Hello fellow Kemper users!

Is it possible to make a volume fade in with a footswitch?

I currently use a Tech 21 midi moose for my channel switching, but I got 1 song that needs a volume fade in.

I don't have the money for an expression pedal right now, so I would like to ask if anyone has an idea for this.

Thanks!

• You can use morphing: set the time to what is needed, volume from 0 to the level you want and use the rig switch to morph

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• You could use Morphing to increase Rig Volume and/or other volumes.

Morphing can be triggered via button and MIDI control change # 80. And you can set the Rise Time and Fall Time of Morphing per Rig in Rig Settings.

Morph Button (value 1-127 triggers ramp from Base Sound to Morph Sound according to selected Rise Time; value 0 closes transaction; next value 1-127 triggers ramp from Morph Sound to Base Sound according to selected Fall Time; if option “Momentary” is selected, value 0 triggers immediate return to Base Sound)

• Simply use a MIDI footcontroller, which can do it. There are inexpensive solutions like Behringer FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper or Eureka - or even better a PROFILER Remote.

• I'm sorry, but I don't want to buy a new footcontroller for 1 volume fade in. Isn't there some kind of effect or pedal you can put on a preset, so when you press the footswitch for the preset it just fades in?

• I'm sorry, but I don't want to buy a new footcontroller for 1 volume fade in. Isn't there some kind of effect or pedal you can put on a preset, so when you press the footswitch for the preset it just fades in?

I've read the midi mouse manual, sorry to say, but this is the cheapest midi controller I've ever seen. no programming no setup only program change from 0 to 127. And that for a price of $ 100.

Every Chinese device is better there.

You can buy a cheap keyboard sustain pedal for $10 to $20 and connect it to the expression port of the Kemper, in the system menu you can then program the expression port to morph.
    I advise you to sell this midi controller, any cheap "midi commander" on aliexpress is better.

Be the force with you ;)

• Thank you for the advice. And I LOVE my midi MOOSE pedal (not mouse). It's definitely not cheaply made and it fits right in my kemper bag with my rack profiler. I don't want any extra pedals as I want to keep it as simple as possible for live use. But if you got any ideas, other than buying things, I'm open ;)

• Thank you for the advice. And I LOVE my midi MOOSE pedal (not mouse). It's definitely not cheaply made and it fits right in my kemper bag with my rack profiler. I don't want any extra pedals as I want to keep it as simple as possible for live use. But if you got any ideas, other than buying things, I'm open ;)

Sorry, also the "midi moose" can only send program changes (PC) but you need continues controller CC commands to "Controll" a midi paramter. This is not Kemper specific it's a MIDI standard definition. PC for changing Programs CC for Changing Paramter. Your Controler is not able to do that, this controller is also not able to switch a an FX or controll any parameter of an FX. You can only switch between Sound Slots.
    Sorry for you. ;(;)

Be the force with you ;)

• Unfortunately, as Yoda Guitar has said, the Tech21 MIDI pedals can’t send CC messages. It has zero to do with the Kemper.

Without that ability, and without acquiring a pedal that does (of which there are many), you’re stuck.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• A single button momentary foot switch would not be an expensive purchase.

How long of a volume swell do you need? Can you do it with the volume control of your guitar as you play the part?

Exactly what i wrote in post no9: A simple Sustain Pedal or momentary switch will do the job.

Be the force with you ;)

Edited once, last by Yoda Guitar ().

• You could assign morph to the quick button (have the Kemper handy) and trigger your fade by hand.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.