Updated drives, fuzz, iPad app... What's next?

• Just thinking out loud here: other than some "quality of life" UX improvements (typing values into Rig Manager, copy & paste blocks, etc.), I really can't think of any major new feature that the Profiler needs updated to stay competitive. All the effects and drives are now as good as anything else out there.

Some things I'd love to see, but are by no means crucial:

• Snapshots / scenes for Perform mode
    • Lock effects blocks per performance, not just globally
    • Assign a 5th effect switch to an unused tuner, looper, or tap button.
    • Allow for effects switches to be recalled as default saved, or as last used when switching rig slots in perform mode
    • ???

So yeah, any major features or updates that you all think are still needed?

That can be done already, I've Looper assigned to D and Tuner assigned to X

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

??? I thought you could just reassign some other global things and morph.

I'm on vacation right now without access to my Stage. I was checking on reassigning options in the manual, but it doesn't actually have all the options listed.

Anywhoo, that's great.

• It is already possible since a while to assign individual effect modules as well as Action&Freeze comands like Rotary Speed or Freeze to the buttons TAP, TUNER and LOOPER or any external momentary switches. There is also a function "A-REV Invert", which toggles effect modules alltogether.

In contrast to the Effect Buttons I-IIII, which are assigned by Rig, the reassignments of TAP, TUNER and LOOPER are global. I think, this is complementary. If you for example have a locked wah effect in module C or use Delay Infinity once in a while, a global button is convenient.

• More tremolo options, dimension chorus, feedback generator, synth effects are requests that have been mentioned a good bit in the past, and it would be great to have such features.

As for UI improvements, I'd like the option to create categories in browse mode, and then add tags to profiles so they would appear under those categories. So you could have a particular profile appear under both 'marshall' and 'chorusey' categories, if you added those tags to it. The UI could be similar to the fx presets browser, but with 2 levels instead of 3.

The first OS8 beta was released in October of last year, so the next whole-number version might be along soon enough.

• Yes. Expanded tremolo please.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I would like (not need) some kind of audio to MIDI function, so that I can play with synthesizers in my DAW. Dual amp recording is possible by reamping, dual amp playing is of course something different.

• I would like (not need) some kind of audio to MIDI function, so that I can play with synthesizers in my DAW. Dual amp recording is possible by reamping, dual amp playing is of course something different.

Do you mean like MidiGuitar2 from JamOrigin ? (Which everyone should try (its avilable as a free demo))

• Refinement of the Rig Manager: so i can see names of effects presets and IRs after i've chosen them; i'd like to not have to quit/restart Rig Manager (50% of the time) after i shut down the Stage and then turn it on again; better preset management....
    • Flexibility to use footswitches 1-5 to toggle effects, so i don't have to use Performance Morphs just to trigger the flanger for those quick Van Halen bits.
    • Better reverbs so i can sell my UA Golden Reverberator
    • A killer uni-vibe so i can stop looking at monstrous $400+ pedals

Pardon me if this is a dumb question. Can you have the Kemper's built-in tuner available as a buttom to push, as opposed to turning the chicken head knob?

• I would find it very useful if the looper trigger function could be added to the pedal assign list for the Tap button on the remote. I already assign looper start and stop to the Looper and Tuner buttons respectfully. Having the trigger function assignable, means all the most useful functions of the looper can be accessed without having to switch out of the regular rigs/performance mode button arrangement. This also makes changing rigs while using the looper far easier, providing scope for the use of the panorama function and double tracker effect to build wide, stereo field loops with multiple rigs and effects. Being able to use the trigger loop function without having to switch to looper mode would be a major improvement for anyone who uses this feature when looping.
    Cheers

Pre-Amp

• Pardon me if this is a dumb question. Can you have the Kemper's built-in tuner available as a buttom to push, as opposed to turning the chicken head knob?

With the Kemper Remote or a Midi controller yes, on the unit itself I believe not. If you have a volume pedal connected, you can set it to switch the tuner on at heel (this is what I do)

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Just thinking out loud here: other than some "quality of life" UX improvements (typing values into Rig Manager, copy & paste blocks, etc.), I really can't think of any major new feature that the Profiler needs updated to stay competitive. All the effects and drives are now as good as anything else out there.

Some things I'd love to see, but are by no means crucial:

• Snapshots / scenes for Perform mode
    • Allow for effects switches to be recalled as default saved, or as last used when switching rig slots in perform mode
    • ???

So yeah, any major features or updates that you all think are still needed?

Many good suggestions including This!

The thing is, it doesn't matter how many FX you have in the unit and how good they are if you can't have one (or many) FX-block that you have activated stay on while changing Performance slot for another amp/channel-sound. If they turn off when you change performance slot you will have to tap-dance to make every FX active again EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE Performance slot and it's not acceptable in the long run. As it is now, I can LOCK the effects so that function works but... if I change a Locked effect in one performance then that effect with it's settings is overwritten to EVERY other Performance. For example a standard generic delay in one Performance can not be a dotted eight Edge U2-delay in another Performance if you don't like to tap dance every time you change from a clean to a crunch channel on your amp (Performance slot 1-5)

So, if I play with a touring band with the same repertoire of 30-40 songs this isn't a problem. I just make a performance for every song that will be played and don't Lock anything. Fine!

But when I'm doing around 150 gigs per year and it's not with the same band/artist every time? One night it's with a fly-in artist and you have 1,5 hours of rehearsal and then a gig for 60-80 minutes. The next night is a cover-gig with a repertoire of about 500 songs and for those who say "Just create a Performance for every song you might play" I say it's impossible. And even if I could make Performances for every song, if the singer shouts out "Purple rain in B-flat 1..2..3..4..". That song might be on Performance 08 and I'm on Performance 124 since the previous song. Hello tap-dance!

In that case it would be much easier to have a generic Performance to rely on and just activate the chorus and delay because that is what that song needs... but the next song might be a U2-song which has a different delay... you know what I mean.

Helix has this function since many years ago (I had a Helix but switched to Kemper for the better amp-sound in Kemper and took for granted that this would work on this unit also) so I'm pretty sure the Kemper team can give us "Lock per performance" if they want to. Unlike "dual amps"-requests this isn't about lack of processing power but more of a will to supply a decent option for gigging musicians. To be honest this demand has been in many threads through many years before so personally I have given up on this in Kemper and ordered a Quad Cortex which is coming next week.

They don't have that function either for now (because their product is new like Kemper was in the beginning) but they are at least (through mail) eager to develop their product and satisfy musicians and their demands. As I already have 2 Kempers (with extra stuff in the loop) I hope they can implement this soon but unfortunately I think this is way down low on the priority list.

My two cents...

• Ideas:

A second Morph "Pedal" - that way one could be set to Vol/Gain and another to delay volume.. Yes the volume pedal can do a lot of this but I also want to push the midrange higher as I increase the amount of stick.

A Feedback processor like a Freqout

A function for the Rotary to "go random" - ie. every x bars it transitions from slow to fast and back (in a loop) - this frees up the player to concentrate on the playing instead of the tap dance to alter the speed

• Really? I think the new (since like 7.5) reverbs are as good as any boutique reverbs out there.

That was what i had read, so i just didn't think anything of it, and i just took for granted that the Kemper Reverbs and Delays were 'top notch.' But, i kept seeing/hearing demos of various gear, and being struck by the reverbs from the UA and the Chase Bliss autothingy. So, i bought the UA, and now i basically just use it. In the initial honeymoon period, i really couldn't switch the Kemper reverb to the UA quick enough. I did it by default, because the UA reverbs were just more satisfying. More recently, i might be coming back toward the Kempers, but only because it's easier to configure them for each profile. But, in a general sense, i think the UAs make me happy, and the Kempers are just... there.