Is a DI box necessary?

• I have a Marshall JMP-1 connected to a Marshall Valvestate Pro 120/120 power amp, which is a solid state power amplifier. If I wanted to create a direct profile, would I still need a DI box even though the power amp is digital/solid state? And if so what is the best option since the actual Kemper DI is never in stock anymore?

• If you use the power amp in linear mode, it's not needed to include it in the Direct PROFILE. You could create a Direct PROFILE just from the output of the preamp (line level signal into RETURN), which does all the sound shaping. That's what I would do and then do further equalization within the PROFILER as needed.

I you want to include the power amp, you need a DI box. I see, that the KEMPER DI box is available in the European online store. If you cannot find it in the US store, please open a support ticket. You can also find a thread here in the forum suggesting other DI boxes, which could do this job. The DI box needs to be designed for power amp levels and shoould be sound neutral (no speaker simulation). No attenuator should be used.

• If you use the power amp in linear mode, it's not needed to include it in the Direct PROFILE. You could create a Direct PROFILE just from the output of the preamp (line level signal into RETURN), which does all the sound shaping. That's what I would do and then do further equalization within the PROFILER as needed.

I you want to include the power amp, you need a DI box. I see, that the KEMPER DI box is available in the European online store. If you cannot find it in the US store, please open a support ticket. You can also find a thread here in the forum suggesting other DI boxes, which could do this job. The DI box needs to be designed for power amp levels and shoould be sound neutral (no speaker simulation). No attenuator should be used.

Okay, I see. Thank you! Where would I open a support ticket through?