Cant Modify Rig Tags Marked with "N/A" on Profiles I Created

• hello:

sorry- looked through past threads and found similar questions answered, but none conclusively the same...

i profiled an amp of mine yesterday and am having an issue modifying tags associated with the profiles. i profiled the amp on each of the amp's channels in each of several different mic and speaker configurations. my aim today was to mass-update the tags for each section of cabinet & mic configs, but found that some of the profiles are editable in the cabinet, speaker and mic sections while others are marked "N/A" and not editable.

I've read in previous threads that there are constraints on modifying certain fields (e.g., "author" tags) but these are profiles i made myself and some other tags are editable and some are not. this occurs even between profiles created minutes apart. im a bit confused- any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

• If you create a Direct PROFILE of just an amplifier, the cabinet module is "empty" and tags related to cabinet and microphone show up as N/A. Editing those is meaninglessand and therefor blocked.

If you create PROFILEs the tags Rig Author, Amplifier Author, Cabinet Author are initialzed with the Owner Name of your PROFILER. Owner Name is what you entered, when you started the PROFILER for the very first time. There is normally no reason to edit those tags. These author tags are blocked in Rig Manager as we want to avoid unauthorized take overs of other peoples' PROFILEs.

• burkhard:

thanks for your quick reply. i understand that and it makes sense. my issue is different, tho. i created about twenty profiles with my amp and, during the process, just "next'd" through editing the profile metadata at the end of each profile creation process. while it embedded the basic details you described, above. other details were left out and i want to edit those. my issue is that some of the profiles cabinet, speaker & mic fields are editable and in other cases all of these categories are marked "N/A", are greyed out and appear to be read only. i cant edit that data. here are screenshots to show the differences:

The Good

The Bad

Same amp, same profiler, same session- even the same procedure, really. i hope this clarifies where i am stuck.

thanks!

• burkhard:

all of the profiles would be called "studio", i think. they are just regular profiles created mic'ing the full amp and speaker connected.

kemper direct out > amp > speaker > mic > kemper return

thanks!

• burkhart- im sorry, youre right!

the profiles that are marked as "N/A" have cabinets that are marked EMPTY when open in the kemper. the others dont.

i thought i used the same process but it looks like i didnt. can you help me understand what i did to make this happen, please? once i know i will go back and re-profile.

thanks!

• The PROFILER has an automatic detection of Direct PROFILEs.

If this detection should not be sensitive enough in a particular scenario, you can enforce the creation of a Direct PROFILE by enabling the option No Cabinet right before starting the PROFILING process.

There can be cases, when the detection appears too sensitive. These are typically situations when the cabinet and microphone combination have a full-range sound character delivering a lot of high frequencies. Typical example would be a full-range bass cabinet with a tweater. However, if the cabinet/microphone combination sounds linear anyhow, the cabinet PROFILE would be irrelevant. Perhsaps this is, what you are experiencing.

• sorry- i want the opposite as i am trying to create only "studio" profiles. i also want to be able to adjust the metadata associated with profiles after they have been created. it sounds like, in several cases, the profiler assumed i was trying to make a "direct" profile . i assume the profile, whether made as a "direct" profile or not, should sound the same- yes? all of this is very odd as it was same amp profiled in the same session.

as long as the profile will still sound the same i assume i can use the profile the same as the others i made which came out as "studio" profiles. is there a way to stipulate that i do not want to create "direct"? if not, is it possible to update cab/speaker/mic metadata on a "direct" profile? one immediate thought i had was if i was able to add a transparent cab (if such a thing even exists) to the "direct" profile would that allow metadata editing?

thoughts?

Edited once, last by jaschoon ().

• There should be no difference soundwise. The amp itself is not relevant. This automatic detection potentially misinterprets an extremely bright cabinet/microphone sound combination and concludes, there is no guitar cabinet/microphone.

• How did you create these PROFILEs? Was Rig Manager involved? Did you store these PROFILEs via an older Rig Manager version?

In that case and if you have the chance you might want to repeat the process using our current OS 8.5.8 or 8.6.0 with the corresponding Rig Manager revision.

• rig manager was not involved in profiling, although i am trying to change the post-profiled metadata using rig manager. profiler is at version 8.5.8.30570 and rig manager is at version 3.2.48 (17248).

• all:

so i can confirm there is still an issue. i just completed a profile for another amp, this time a tweed deluxe 5e3, profiled with a completely different cab and microphone setup and have similar results.

im really stumped and concerned here. help?!?!

thx, j

• btw- cab is stock 5e3 pine open-back cabinet with celestion alnico gold. mic is standard sm57. profiling process appeared to complete fine. if the profiling process mistook this signal as a direct profile attempt there is a serious problem.

j