Kemper Power Head long boot times and very unresponsive menus

• Good Morning everyone.

Well after 6 years of trouble free ownership, my powerhead seems to have develpoed a fault.

Its a bit of an odd one as I'm not getting any error messages.

I'm running release 8.5.8.3050

Boot up is taking around 5 to 10 mins, when it does finally load any menu action (pressing a button, or turning any knob) has a long delay before the kemper responds.

Turning between tuner and browser had a similar lag, if I'm in tuner mode I can hit a string and it takes a while before the strobe or bubble moves, and even then its just a single move.

Its the same when I try to power it off, there is a long delay from turning the knob to off before it actually does anything.

However I'm getting output from headphones and via direct out into my PC (I've not tried the power amp as my cab is in the rehearsal room but I do hear it click on when it finally boots)

I've done all the reset options I can think of and upgraded to the latest OS (had to leave it on overnight as it took so long).

To me its almost like its running like a PC with not enough RAM or processing power.

I've contacted support, but has anyone come across this issue before ?

Bit gutted as I've not used it for a while and was looking forward to a bit of long overdue practice with it over the weekend. It's also out of warranty now too :(

Cheers
    Steve

• Hi Burkhard

I've already emailed support, I was just seeing if anyone else has had the same problem as I have searched the forum and not found any posts with the same issue.

You never know, there could be a simple fix which saves having to send it back or wait for the support team to respond :)

Cheers
    Steve

• Fool me once as they say :). Anyway this is off topic, but I do believe I still have your JCM800 profile on my profiler, and I'm very much enjoying it every once in a while. So thanks for that :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Fool me once as they say :). Anyway this is off topic, but I do believe I still have your JCM800 profile on my profiler, and I'm very much enjoying it every once in a while. So thanks for that :)

thanks, although it was a mate who actually profiled it for me... my JCM800 though :)

Kemper support has been fantasic, Hans has responded to all my stupid questions very quickly and my Kemper will set off on it journey to Germany on Friday. Just hope customs don't decide to hold it for weeks !