Air Chorus Mix %

• The manual says a mix parameter "would contradict the character of the effect". :/ I think this is because the Air Chorus achieves its subtle effect by modulating the pitch of both sides of the stereo signal independently, so that they are mutually detuned but only mix in the room, or "in the air between the speakers", as the manual puts it.

The moment you would mix this effect with the dry signal, that subtlety would be lost. The detuned signal and the dry signal would be pushed through the same speaker, making the detuning effect much more pronounced, with audible "beating".

• The manual says a mix parameter "would contradict the character of the effect". :/ I think this is because the Air Chorus achieves its subtle effect by modulating the pitch of both sides of the stereo signal independently, so that they are mutually detuned but only mix in the room, or "in the air between the speakers", as the manual puts it.

The moment you would mix this effect with the dry signal, that subtlety would be lost. The detuned signal and the dry signal would be pushed through the same speaker, making the detuning effect much more pronounced, with audible "beating".

I think this happens for all stereo fx - it's my choice how much to set it. :)

• Sure, not disputing your choice, I'm just trying to figure out the reasoning behind the absence of a mix parameter.

A mix parameter is commonly used to make an effect more subtle by combining it with the dry signal, so I assumed that is what you were after. But in this case, turning down the mix from 100% wet to 50% wet, the effect would become less subtle. I think that would confuse a lot of users, even though the result might be interesting.

• This is meant to be the chorus from the Roland JC120 and it works really well. I guess it wouldn't be close to that idea if there was a wet/dry parameter. There are plenty of other options with mix controls if you want that.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Sure, not disputing your choice, I'm just trying to figure out the reasoning behind the absence of a mix parameter.

A mix parameter is commonly used to make an effect more subtle by combining it with the dry signal, so I assumed that is what you were after. But in this case, turning down the mix from 100% wet to 50% wet, the effect would become less subtle. I think that would confuse a lot of users, even though the result might be interesting.

I know I know, I don't want to argue :)

I think it's a simple addition, that's all! ;)