Serenade - soft pop rock.

• I've wanted to do the acoustic stomp with some Nashville Tuning, but I loved how the double-tracked standard tuned guitar sounded in this one so I left it alone. I was having a hard time getting that acoustic sim to sound right. I think I got close to a big sound with it this time. The bass track came out lame. My guitar is just not "bassy enough on the higher notes. Another month and I'll have a real bass. This one came out lightning fast for me.:!:

I shortened this render for the "attention-span-challenged" people. ;) I would love to hear someone singing my lyrics on this one day.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Sounds great! I’m hearing good progress, clean separation on the guitars which have a much smoother tone choice too. Good riffs and a nice structure to keep things interesting.

One tip, on the reverb cut the bass and mids and you’ll get the tails and atmosphere minus any hint of smear or mud.

• Thanks Per ! My wife loves this song and easily pointed out the bass boo-boos. I could have fixed it using another guitar but I wanted to use the boo-boos to convince her I needed a bass for my birthday next month. It that cheating? LOL. I'll redo the bass track after my birthday.

I mentioned before, I am not fluent with verb so I will try your suggestion. Thanks again!

• That's a nice one BayouTexan , indeed great progress ad as Per said: The separation of the instruments is pretty good here. I like the overall songwriting here. Could have a break part or some different vibes in the middle if you make it the full song cycle but for now it's fine I'd say. Keep it coming :thumbup:8)

• Thanks deadman42 ! I really feel like I am getting somewhere. I'm so appreciative of all you guys recommending I begin mixing. The fun totally outweighs any frustration in learning, and it has helped me in learning to play guitar since I get more focused on the subtleties of notes and chords.