Spacewalk

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A little experimental noize-rock for tonight's quick noodle.

• Thanks for checking it out Franjoe30 , Monkey_Man , BayouTexan and deadman42 !

I have to admit I do like a bit of reverb. But it's very easy to go overboard, it can also become a crutch that people use in place of emotional content, as a quick "soulful" sound. So I try to avoid that. I've been experimenting with using different reverbs on different parts to try and keep things crisp and to create interesting effects. Everyone always reaches for delay for that normally because it doesn't create as much mud and has such interesting tape effects when you change the delay length, but I think there's a lot of mileage to be had out of the humble reverb too.

• I said you are my goto for verb! When I have used it, I have about 15% wet. It pretty much gets lost in the mix when I do hard rock and metal but I like hearing just a tad of it if I am soloing a guitar track on its own. Unless I really need it to punch through for a certain guitar tone, I will just use a global plugin verb. I do have a song to mix coming that uses a lot of verb (at least in my case). I'll call you out on it to critique whenever I get that one done.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.