Kemper tuner: sharps or flats

• In the past the Kemper tuner used to display sharp notes (example: C#, F#, B#, etc.).

After an update last year December this display has changed from sharps to flats, so: Db, Gb, Cb, etc.).

Please make an option so the user can choose if he/she wants to see the sharp notes (#) or the flat notes (b) in the tuner.

• I tune to Eb but when I drop the bottom string, I'm in drop C#.

This is clearly ridiculous and just the way my brain processes it all. Whatever method is available will make no difference to me, I'll twist it up in my head!

But given a preference, I'd think that flats are better. In a busy environment, I know immediately what Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb and Eb are. But D#, G#, C#, F#, A# and D#?

That took an embarrassingly long amount of time to work out....

• A bunch of users thought flats was really important. I think any time spent on this is a waste of time. If you're constantly changing the tuning radically you should use a dedicated tuner.

• More people whined about the "need" for flats. It's a little short sighted to make the change without giving the user the option to choose between the 2.

My problem with Kemper is, that no distinction is made between updates (bug fixing) and upgrades (functional extensions).

What I expect from a manufacturer is that their product has fewer and fewer bugs over time. New features are constantly being added at Kemper, but the bugs remain or even get worse. I bought the product with a certain range of functions and do NOT expect any expansion, but I do expect error correction. The performance mode still doesn't work properly has gotten even worse, the confusing blinking of the tap button. The Kemper crashes when it receives too many MIDI commands. The volume settings are not saved in the output setting, but the -12dB switch is. And many other inconsistencies in the operation, let's not even talk about the rig manager.

Be the force with you ;)

• My problem with Kemper is, that no distinction is made between updates (bug fixing) and upgrades (functional extensions).

What I expect from a manufacturer is that their product has fewer and fewer bugs over time. New features are constantly being added at Kemper, but the bugs remain or even get worse. I bought the product with a certain range of functions and do NOT expect any expansion, but I do expect error correction. The performance mode still doesn't work properly has gotten even worse, the confusing blinking of the tap button. The Kemper crashes when it receives too many MIDI commands. The volume settings are not saved in the output setting, but the -12dB switch is. And many other inconsistencies in the operation, let's not even talk about the rig manager.

Erm I'm a bit confused about this...

I thought ( not seen an upgrade for a few months) they always stated functional changes and bug fixes.

Also, I've never had any stability issues, and the volume does save in the output setting...otherwise I would have to keep changing mine - I assume you don't have volumes linked? Performance mode works bang on for me, I don't use midi so I've not seen this but if true I agree needs sorting.

I do totally agree on RM, never been really stable particularly when it comes to saving changes.

Back to the tuner, its not a big deal but should be really easy to sort? A programmable tuner...

• the volume does save in the output setting...otherwise I would have to keep changing mine - I assume you don't have volumes linked?

Yoda is referring to the situation with Output Presets Guy. I have to agree with him on this one. It seems totally pointless to have Output Presets which don't remember volumes or Power Amp On/Off status. I literally never use Output Presets for this reason.

• Yoda is referring to the situation with Output Presets Guy. I have to agree with him on this one. It seems totally pointless to have Output Presets which don't remember volumes or Power Amp On/Off status. I literally never use Output Presets for this reason.

Ahh makes sense!

• Erm I'm a bit confused about this...

Performance mode works bang on for me, I don't use midi so I've not seen this but if true I agree needs sorting.

Performance mode is perfect for me too. But yes, I can confirm that if you throw loads of MIDI at the Kemper it will crash and needs to be turned on and off.

I run a decent midi footswitch and a different 'page' for each song. That page sends performance changes to the Kemper, midi to the DMX lighting controller, digital mixer, Boss SY200 synth pedal and even a sample player. If you scroll rapidly between songs, Kemper death occurs. This isn't an issue live as our set list is in order but at home it can occur.