Suggestions on Running Stereo Toaster and Stage together?

• I got the Stereo mod on my powered toaster this last summer and bought a stage not long after. So many possibilities here but curious if anyone else is running the same or similar.

1. Two profiles at the same time.

2. Use the stage as an extra effects processor and profile pedals or pedal combos and use the toaster as a clean or mostly clean stereo platform?

3. Some how set up to do both mentioned above?

Cheers! :S

• Try this:

"Halved stereo rigs"

Toaster - use a stereo rig "A" with the left main output connected to any left input.

Stage - use a stereo rig "B" with the right main output the any right input (that concludes stereo of the left input above).

make sure any timing effects on both rigs have identical parameters.

or the same thing as above having 2 different mono rigs for left and right, but I think the "halved" stereo rigs will sound more lusciously spaced since there there is a delay from left to right already present in a stereo rig.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This is a very interesting approach. Never would've thought of this, thanks!

• For example : ( depending of what kind of mixer you have )

Guitar to mixer channel 1 line in, fader down.

AUX 1 out to Kemper 1.

AUX 2 out to Kemper 2.

From Kemper 1 in to mixer channel 3 and 4 (or other)

From Kemper 2 in to mixer channel 5 and 6 ( -- II -- )

Main out from mixer to power amp or active speakers/ P.A.

Mix and pan to your liking :)

"using the stage as a midi controller for the toaster?"

Might work, I have no idea :wacko: I use a Voodoo Lab Pro floor board

for my KPA Rack and one DXR-10 ... Mono :P

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I'm not much of a two amps at the same time kinda guy, but if I go that way I make sure to use two sounds that complement each other gain- and tone-wise.
    Get your definition from the cleaner tone and the mids and power from something slightly overdriven.
    Also take care when adding distorted sound to distorted sound - you are in some way doubletracking in real time, so just piling on large amounts of distortion will make a muddy mess.
    But in break-up / lighter overdrive territory this can be a fantastic setup (see SRV)

have fun! :)

• This! And generally speaking, it's not only for Blues or Bluesrock enthusiasts. Even in harder rock genres, a little less gain (and well chosen dual amp setups) can go a long way.

Yep, I agree. I started out practicing to a lot of gain. Then I started practicing to full mixes and now, what I call high -gain, is using a stomp at 0.3 gain and the rig at about 4.3. First thing I do when I see a rig with a gain over 6 is =O then I turn it back to 0 and gradually increase while noodling for the proper amount.

And I used to always go to 10... not no more. 8)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yep, I agree. I started out practicing to a lot of gain. Then I started practicing to full mixes and now, what I call high -gain, is using a stomp at 0.3 gain and the rig at about 4.3. First thing I do when I see a rig with a gain over 6 is =O then I turn it back to 0 and gradually increase while noodling for the proper amount.

And I used to always go to 10... not no more. 8)

4.4 to 4.6 and a stomp is quite nice I do particularly care for this sound set up.

This also opens up the question of taking down the gain on profiles in the 6.5 region to tighten up and then boost it or bring a profile in the 2.5 to 3.1 area and increase the gain a bit then boost it. I tested this recently and I don't remember what I liked more. Wait, now I do hahaha I was trying to figure out which level of a gain is better to start with if i wanted to morph from totally clean to high gain and I think it was in the 4.5 neighborhood.