Help! Using "Imprint" with Kemper Kone/Kab + "Full Range Mode" on Main Outs at the same time - is it possible?

• Hello everyone,

I am using a merged profile for the following. I am looking to utilize a rig's Cabinet Profile on the main outs, while using one of Kemper's built-in speaker imprints through my Kemper Kone at the same time.

Full Range Mode sounds much better through main outs, while obviously the Speaker Imprint for the Kemper Kone (in my case, I love the Jensen P12Q) sounds much better through the Kone. I can go into the Cabinet menu and select the imprint (between Global, Full Range, and the selection of Kemper Kone speaker imprints) but this changes settings for the main outs AND the Kemper Kone.

Is there any way to use Full Range Mode on the Main Outputs, while using a Cabinet Imprint on my Kemper Kone?

I've read through the manual multiple times, and not sure if I'm misunderstanding something. In the manual, on page 89 it says:

You need to bypass the Cabinet PROFILE for the MONITOR OUTPUT, to avoid running a guitar cabinet simulation through a physical guitar cabinet. The soft button labeled "Monitor Cab Offin the Output Section will bypass the Cabinet PROFILE for the MONITOR OUTPUT, as well as for the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack. The Cabinet PROFILE stays active for the other outputs, including the MAIN OUTPUT.

This leads me to believe the Cabinet should be unaffected on the Main outs when "Monitor Cab Off" is selected.

There's another section that I'm unsure about on page 100:

You might want to use Direct Amp PROFILEs which have cabinet module set to Emptyfor running an electric guitar into the Kone/Kabinet, without using a virtual cabinet in the cabinet module and feeding it to a mixing desk through the MAIN OUTPUT. In this case you still need to establish an active cabinet in the cabinet module and then save the Rig. If you dont, your PROFILE will be interpreted as a Direct PROFILE and played back in full-range mode. To make this process easier, you could activate a cabinet and LOCK it, so that it stays active for all your Rigs. It doesnt matter which cabinet you choose.

Is this suggesting that if I have a merge profile, I need to separate the Direct Amp Profile from the Cabinet Profile to achieve what I want instead of using the Merged profile? I have a hard time understanding what issue this section is attempting to address.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice! :S

• The imprints never affect the main outs. The fullrange/v30 etc that you see int the cabinet section is a per rig over ride for the monitor out. You require to make sure that you have a cabinet loaded as part of the rig. Then either set the imprint part to none (in which case the global imprint will be used) or the imprint you want (if you use a different imprint for each rig such as Jenson for Fender style rigs and greenback for Marshalls etc).

• As is said above, the imprints are only available from the monitor outs. Nowhere else.

In essence, the main outs are full-range at all times. You want a cab loaded up n the rig when using the mains unless you’re adding a cab sim using something else. Or, if you want that awful ‘amp only’ sound. ?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Acquiring a KEMPER Kone/Kabinet is an excellent investment! Consequently, reading the related chapter in the Main Manual, which explains all the concepts around the KEMPER Kone is also an excellent investment.

• This leads me to believe the Cabinet should be unaffected on the Main outs when "Monitor Cab Off" is selected.

There's another section that I'm unsure about on page 100:

Is this suggesting that if I have a merge profile, I need to separate the Direct Amp Profile from the Cabinet Profile to achieve what I want instead of using the Merged profile? I have a hard time understanding what issue this section is attempting to address.

This section suggests about the opposite.

If you run a Direct Amp Profile *without* a cabinet existing, then you will have to establish a cabinet.

If you play Merged Profiles, then there is a cabinet existing, by definition.

And no action is needed from your side.

• Is this suggesting that if I have a merge profile, I need to separate the Direct Amp Profile from the Cabinet Profile to achieve what I want instead of using the Merged profile? I have a hard time understanding what issue this section is attempting to address.

no, this is saying that the process of creating a Merged Profile actually involves separating the cabinet from a Studio Profile by comparison against the same amp’s direct profile. Obviously CK and his team are the only ones who really know how his magic works but it appears to work by subtracting the Direct Amp Profile from the Studio Profile to leave only the Cabinet Section. This only occurs during the actual profiling session as you need to make two profiles of the identical amp settings. Once a Merged Profile has been created you use it just like a Studio Profile.