Articulate, Tight, boosted high gain w/o stomps or pre/post eq

• I'm a bit curious as to what you find missing from profiles without boosting or EQing. Could it be some kind of option paralysis?

I mean, if you profile a tube screamer when profiling, I can't imagine why you feel like you were getting better results by adding another tube screamer in the profiler.

Also, have you tried the cabinet shift (was that what it's called) parameter, or any of the other cabinet section tweaks? That might help you get more of the sound you are looking for.

• I'm a bit curious as to what you find missing from profiles without boosting or EQing. Could it be some kind of option paralysis?

I mean, if you profile a tube screamer when profiling, I can't imagine why you feel like you were getting better results by adding another tube screamer in the profiler.

Also, have you tried the cabinet shift (was that what it's called) parameter, or any of the other cabinet section tweaks? That might help you get more of the sound you are looking for.

It could be a reaction thing, or a string attack reaction as things cascade in real time?

I have used the shifts and character knob a lot before. I used to be a stronger advocate of turning the character knob all the way up to hear the cabinet better and to hear the amp snarl and sizzle. I only use the shifts a little these days and don't mess with the character as much.

As far as "what's missing?" I seem to often end up boosting and/ or pre eq, and then either a boost and/or post eq. It's that low end mid gurgle that sometimes gets in the way or i want the top end to roar and sizzle a certain way or both.

Headphones and monitors or a kab or regular cab, I'm usually trying to make something better somewhere and it costs me blocks.

If dist stomps had gates built into them and we had a parametric eq in the cab or amp section I could go down to just one block for shaping. A generic boost in the amp section and a para eq in the cab section would potentially get me down to zero with the front input gate. I think CK talked about maybe giving the option to choose the type of gate for the front input at some point too.

Of course, I also could just get close and deal with it ^^

It's not like it's not tight and sizzly at all just want that extra little zazz. And compared to some un tweaked and unboosted real amp tones of them past that were muddy as all hell, we are doing pretty good these days lol

• Trying to think what could get you there and I'm pretty much at a loss. After all a TS is a pretty distinctive stomp, and if you like that sound, there really is no other way to get it, unless you try to do it with an EQ in the post section and try to approximate it. That might cause all kinds of other tonal issues there, such as a loss of low end or honky mids.

When all else fails, I'd suggest you just try some other profiles that have the sound you want. In my case, I have some profiles where the TS stomp comes in handy, and in others its not really necessary.

• Maybe try "mix ready profiles" profiles that have the whole signal chain baked in. Or at least use IR in the cab section that have all the EQ and stuff baked in already.

You can make these kind of IRs by yourself. Shoot an IR of a real cab or Kemper cab or use a commercial IR. Then add everything you need to shape your sound (you can use plugins in your DAW). Then shoot a new IR with the whole signal chain and copy to Kemper.

• When all else fails, I'd suggest you just try some other profiles that have the sound you want.

I’m a big fan of the “get it right at source” mentality. If a profile needs a lot of tweaking I see that as akin to a recording a shit tone where the engineer says “don’t worry, we’ll fix it in the mix”. ?

• Trying to think what could get you there and I'm pretty much at a loss. After all a TS is a pretty distinctive stomp, and if you like that sound, there really is no other way to get it, unless you try to do it with an EQ in the post section and try to approximate it. That might cause all kinds of other tonal issues there, such as a loss of low end or honky mids.

When all else fails, I'd suggest you just try some other profiles that have the sound you want. In my case, I have some profiles where the TS stomp comes in handy, and in others its not really necessary.

This is the way I think. I captured a profile on the cortex and tweaked it and then profiled it and got where I wanted to be, abouts. I have also tried some other ones.