Has anyone gone back to a profiler, after using the Kemper stage?

• I have a related dilemma. Three Profilers (Head, Stage, PowerRack) and I'll likely sell one. So it's Stage or ...

Back story.

I had a Profiler Head and Remote and was very happy with them.

I got the Profiler Stage for a series of small outdoor shows where the all-in-one form factor was more convenient than dealing with the Profiler Head and Remote. The series is done and unlikely to happen again.

I just picked up a Profiler PowerRack, Remote, and Kabinet. Mainly - I wanted to experiment with the Kabinet speaker profiles.

I don't need three Profilers, although it's nice to have two. For now, I'll keep the PowerRack, Remote, and Kabinet.

This leads to the decision - which rig to sell - Profiler Head with Remote or Profiler Stage?

I like the Remote. It's rugged and it's a smaller investment to have lying vulnerable on a stage floor.

I like the Stage. It's great to have everything in one unit, and the display is brighter. I also like having more flexible routing options and WiFi, but I don't absolutely need either.

If anything, I'll probably sell the Profiler Head and Remote. I REALLY like the Profiler Head functionality and LED rings and I love the look of it, but I'll have more flexibility if I keep the Stage and PowerRack, Remote, and Kabinet.

• I bought my Profiler Rack from guy who was buying a Stage when they came out. (the used prices had dipped making it a bargain)

He got in touch a month later to see if I'd swap. I think he was uncomfortable having the pricey unit on the floor.

• Now I'm curious why you're asking. ?

I have a stage and a toaster/remote…

Thinking of selling the toaster/remote…but like you the remote is cool…

And just having the back up with another stage…

And at home I notice once I got the stage … I just go with this is the sounds I use…instead of spending time “tweaking” which is good…just trying to decide…

• Okay Ccunningham99

If I didn't have the PowerRack/Remote/Kabinet AND - I could keep only the Profiler/Remote or the Stage, I'd probably keep the Profiler/Remote.

I like

• The workflow I described below
    • Lower risk of using the Remote at a gig
    • Having only one cable to connect to the Remote vs. having several cables running to the Stage
    • I just got a new wireless rig (Sennheiser EW-D), and the receiver is rack-mounted. It is a great system and while a rack-mounted receiver is a pro-level solution, it's not convenient when the source is on the floor.

Counterpoints

• Since I had already established my workflow around the Profiler/Remote, I never really worked out how to do things if I only had the Stage. So in a sense, I never really gave it a chance.
      I would probably have put the Stage on a table, angled for readability, beside the computer. I could have figured out something that worked, but I didn't need to, so I didn't. Still, tweaking and rehearsal would be less convenient bending down to make adjustments.
    • The risk of running the Stage in a live environment isn't that bad. I maintain enough control over the environment on Stage that I've had one pedal casualty, and that was from someone else using my rig and absolutely stomping on the boxes.
    • Multiple cables - I have to get around to making a snake for all the connections for the. Then there's very little difference between using the Stage or the Remote. The setup might be a minute longer - maybe.
    • I could run a signal line from the Stage through the snake to the rack-mounted receiver.
    • The Stage has more flexible I/O, WIFI, and it boots faster. If I needed a stereo effects loop or wanted to use the iPad Rig Manager, these would be essential features, but I don't need those things right now.

Workflow with the Profiler/Remote

• The Profiler Head (white-faced toaster) is on a high table at eye level. Beside it is a small Surface Tablet and a 24" monitor running Rig Manager.
    • I'm so familiar with the physical interface that I prefer to push the buttons and twist the knobs instead of using Rig Manager for most things.
    • I use Rig Manager when I want to browse through Profiles and to add Rigs to Performances.
    • Creating Performances is a hybrid approach using Rig Manager primarily for file management.
    • I copy the Performances to the Rig Manager Local Library and then to the Stage.

If I keep the Stage, I'll use it as my Fly Rig and for informal or impromptu opportunities.

Now that I have played around with the PowerRack/Remote/Kabinet, I'm almost certain I'll keep them even though I got them on a whim.

The toaster is seven years old. It's been stable and such a joy to own that I had not a shred of doubt about getting the Stage last year. It's silly, but I love the look of the toaster. I get a chuckle and a happy feeling whenever I use it. The practical decision is to let it go, but I don't want to.

Or I could flip a coin. Toaster/Remote or Stage