[Fixed]Stage spdif 48khz glitches with 8.6.2.32267

• Hello,

I noticed that after installing 8.6.2.32267 in my Stage, I was getting harsh buzz with 48khz setting. 44.1khz seemed to be fine.

After reverting back to 8.5.8 that issue was no longer there.

I am using:

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd Gen

Stage spdif in Auto with both in/out cables connected to interface.

• Hello,

I have the same problem here. I'm using Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3th Gen and KPA stage. With ver 7 firmware it's works with 96kHz (sometimes lost sync but works). Before 8.6.2 (-> 8.5.8) its works with 48 kHz, stable and clear. Now (8.6.2) only the 44.1 kHz usable without lost sync/buzzing sound. Tried with both clock source method (Scarlet or KPA), and 3 different pair of quality SPDIF coax cable. :( :(

• Same here!

• I'm tried everything withous success, so reverted back to 8.5.8, now it's working again at 48 kHz. :(

• Also happened to me with my Focusrite 8i6 and spdif at 48 kHz, at 44.1 no issues ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• After the update I couldn't re-amp with SPDIF anymore at 48kHz because the Kemper didn't recognize any signal. Tried rebooting the Kemper and my computer / interface so they can do a clean sync but nothing worked. Than I tried switching to 44.1 and back to 48 and this did it. :)

• ?

agreed but mentioning it in a thread isn’t the same as “reportng”.

Yes I know, but sometimes community solves quicker the problem, but also reported it. "Ticket ##KA00216762" is mine, maybe a good idea to reference everybody to this (if has the same problem). There are many complains about the same error in Facebook KPA groups. Some users report its working, but in the end: 1.using optical converter-interface, 2.using analog interface, 3. not Focusrite interface. Someone suggesting forget Focusrite (faulty), but it isn't true, because the error depend on KPA firmware version.

• Answer from support:
    "the developer team is working on that problem.
    I suspect this issue will be fixed in the next OS Update.
    Please have a little patience"

• Please check out OS 8.6.6 which should solve S/PDIF glitches with some sampling rates on PROFILER Stage models as well as some other issues.

This OS is currently available as public beta. Rig Manager will recommend it, if "Beta" is selected in its Preferences. It can also be downloaded for USB flash drive upgrade here:

Download Operating System Beta Versions

As to myself i will test it when "final" version available.