RM writes changes to a performance rig when I haven't told it to save the rig ... ?!?!

• Guys - when I've got the KPA connected to RM and I'm browsing rigs within a performance .... are changes that I make on the Remote supposed to be persistent right away, without having to save the rig or the preset expressly? Because that's what's happening to me. Thankfully, it doesn't happen when RM is not connected.

For example ... let's say I have my KPA connected to RM for a tweaking session. I have to check out the new double-tracker, amIright? :) So I call up a performance with a rig with several FX mapped to switches on the Remote. All of the FX are switched off. Without making any other changes, I stomp on a few FX. I then jump to a different rig or performance. When I come back to that first rig, the FX are on! In my mind, they should've been off because I didn't click save or anything similar before I jumped to the different rig or performance. I can go as far as to power cycle the KPA - it makes no difference; the rig has been messed with.

There doesn't seem to be any way to restore the rig except to pull a new copy in from the library, and most likely, that's going to be a different generation of the rig than the one that was originally in the performance. Ugh. I need to make backups more often, but I digress.

Right now, my KPA Rack is running OS 8.6.2 Public Beta and Rig Manager 3.2.57 for macOS on a MacBook Air M1 8-core running Big Sur 11.6. I don't know how much that matters because this has happened to me while running different versions of RM on other KPA OSs and other computer OSs (Mac/Windows). I'm guessing it's probably not a bug and almost certainly ignorance on my part about how RM interacts with the KPA. Please school me nicely - this is frustrating as heck. Thank you :)

Edited 4 times, last by timtrace ().

• Thanks for commenting - I'm confused - "It saves unless you have that profile selected." If I start RM, choose a performance rig, make some changes, and immediately exit RM without changing to another performance rig, the changes will not be written? ...and if I do switch away from the edited rig, the changes will be written to the KPA?

• I believe that any changes are retained while you're still in the same performance, but will be lost if you change performances.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• hum.. funny.. well not funny, ironic, cause tonight my KPA didn t want to save correctly the mods I did in a performance via RM.

I m still with the last 'Not Beta' version and tonight I was tweaking an old performance to tune all its rigs to a different guitar.

I supposed that, staying always in the same performance, I was able to apply all the changes I need in the 4 differents rigs/slots and then Store them all at once pressing "Store in performance #x" from Rig Manager but it didn t worked.

I didn't get why but it was not the right way.

It never been able to saved all the chenges of every slot at once...sometimes RM didn't manage to apply a change of a rig in a slot..

It ended I modified slot#1 with RM and then I've saved the whole performance pressing Store on the profiler...then I started to modify the slot#2 and so on.

• As Zappledan said, when connected to RM or changing rigs with the arrows on the KPA it should keep any changes you made to rigs within the same performance. The logic is that you are editing a full performance rather than an individual rig so you might want to back and forth between different slots in the same performance to make sure they work properly together before saving. However, these edits should be lost when you load a new performance. If that isn’t happening report it to support as a bug.

• On a high level, there ar two different scenarios:

1. You can modify some features of a Performance while it is not loaded into the edit buffer of your PROFILER. The PROFILER could have loaded another Performance, or rest in Browser Mode at that time. You could change tags like Slot Name or load another Rig e.g. from Rig Exchange into a Slot, enable a SLot, change Key or Tempo,.... These transactions are even possible while no PROFILER is connected with Performances in the Local Library. You load a Performance via a single click and modifications are immediately stored.

2. If a PROFILER is connected and rests in Performance Mode, you can load any Performance via double click. Now the Editor appears at the bottom and relates to the Slot of that Performance currently loaded. In addition to the edits listed above you can now also change sound parameters e.g. Delay Mix and edit effect tpyes in effect modules. Now any change only affect the edit buffer and need to be actively stored to become permanent.

Another hint: Don't confuse the edit buffer maintained during a restart with the stored Performance. If I load Performance 15, change a parameter like Delay Mix from 10 to 50% in one of its Slots and then restart before storing the Performance, Delay Mix is still at 50%. But if I reload the stored Performance 15 (for example stepping one up to Performance 16 and the return to 15), Delay Mix will show up as stored, which is 10%.

• Using rig manager to create performances is so confusing and so full of bugs…

had so much problems that if I want to create performances now I disconnect everything and Crete them on the kemper stage the old fashion way lol.

• Can you demonstrate one bug using current OS and Rig Manager?

performances randomly don’t want to save correctly on the stage (and yes I’ve read the manual). Slots name saving sometimes won’t let me change the name of a rig in performance.
    performance rig won’t change the name of the loaded rig even if you do it manually. It keeps the old one no matter what I do

rig manager randomly causing the stage to freeze and bug when browsing profiles. Especially annoying.

etc etc.

• When you load another Rig into a Slot, Slot Name automatically follows Rig Name until both deviate. If you enter another Slot Name e.g. "Solo" that Slot Name sticks even if you load another Rig into that Slot until you return to a Slot Name which is identical to the current Rig Name.

I can change Performance Names, Slot Names, and Rig Names independently. If the Performance is currently loaded in the PROFILER to be played, I need to press Store Performance afterwards to make chanegs stick.

If you think, there is a deviation from this intended behavior, then please describe the steps completely and precisely so that everybody can reproduce:

Is a PROFILER connected and in Performance Mode?

Is the Performance in question currently loaded?

What are Slot Name and Rig Name as stored (staring point)?

Precise order of Rig loading, changing names,...

Do you perfom all these activities in Rig Manager or mixing with front panel interventions?

Are you changing Slots via foot pedals before you store the Performance?

Therefor a precise step by step list is needed.