pure unmodified signal out of kemper

• sorry, this has probably been answered somewhere before, but i'm not good with this stuff and am having a hard time finding anything, probably because i do not know the correct terminology.

so here's what i need: is there a way to set the kemper, preferably easily (like a button press or knob to switch etc), to send my guitar signal out the back unmodified totally?

i want to turn the kemper processing totally off, every once and a while and just sent my raw guitar signal to my PC.

i already have the kemper attached to the pc, but of course it sends the processed signal to it just like out of any amp.

if it matters, i'm using XLR cables from the kemper to the scarlett now.

i know i could stand up and unplug the guitar from the kemper and plug it directly into my scarlet but i'm lazy lol.

i guess i could buy a switch box that sends it to one or the other, but i figured there's something on the kemper that does this already.

Thanks!

• TY Guys! i think i have it now.

so here's what i did, please let me know if it was dumb lol.

i have the main output set to master stereo, this is my normal signal with all processing. runs XLR to scarlett.

i have the spdif output set to GIT Studio. this seems to be just the guitar signal. runs spdif cord to scarlett.

when i want just guitar, i turn off master, and turn on spdif. want main signal i do the opposite.

Thanks!

• not quite:

Git Studio

Similar to “Git+Processing”, but here the instrument signal is sent out at studio level, which is much louder than the original level. Thus, no separate DI box is needed to record the pure instrument for reamping purposes. Since the instrument volume is high, the recommended leveling of “Clean Sens” in the Input Section is important.

Git Analog

The pure, clean instrument signal is sent to the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND 1 by an analog splitter, no AD/DA conversion is taking place. The analog signal level is the same as on the instrument input. Useful for reamping or running a second amp in parallel.

PROFILER Stage: default and only available for SEND 1 output

all other PROFILER variants: default and only available for DIRECT OUTPUT; needs to be used in conjunction with the Front INPUT as the guitar input

• Thanks guys,

ok then it sounds like i should use SPDIF with master stereo to get regular signal out of it to the focusrite?

and then use Git Analog with the direct output in the back to a line input on the scarlett?

Ingo, will the preamp hurt it? IMO it actually sounds better with it xlr with that than spdif?

• not line input but instrument input.

You can use the XLR outputs but on the Scarlett use the TRS inputs. You can easily buy cables XLR female -> TRS male. That's the correct way to connect balanced line level signal to most audio interfaces.

thanks! so would it be simpler/easier to just buy a couple XLR female -> TRS male

and run those the instrument input 1 and 2 on the red box and then just flip the main output on the kemper from master stereo to git analog when i just want the raw signal?

i know if i put both to the red box i could record the wet and dry signal but idc about that. the main purpose is to get just the guitar to my pc with nothing on it because i use a plug in on my cpu ever once and a while to play with

• If it sounds better with XLR you may have the Main Output level from the Kemper too low and the Scarlett mic preamp is helping out.

It should sound better with normal guitar cables feeding it line level.

• If it sounds better with XLR you may have the Main Output level from the Kemper too low and the Scarlett mic preamp is helping out.

It should sound better with normal guitar cables feeding it line level.

TY, i got the xlr to trs cables in yesterday, going to try it out today