More G.A.S. for guitars?

• im curios, why not?

reason I ask, is another one of my fellow guitar friends had a collection of guitars and no mapple.. - I asked him why, and he said "meh- dont like them, sounds thin" I said, well they are slightly brighter due to the wood density, but not thinner, you can get more twang from maple, but really only noticeable at loud volumes. - He then came to my studio, and I have and use both maple and rosewood. so we cranked it, and jammed. - now this was 5 years ago.. his collection now has mostly maple :)

I like both so im on the fence :) - always have Maple on my strats, and rosewood on my tele's

• Don't like the feel of a painted fretboard, somehow slippery. I have purchased in the years several guitars with maple fretboard (couple of strats, a LAG, a PRS CE24) and I've always ended up selling them because I was always going back to rosewood. I'm not that crazy about ebony either!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Same over here.

I have a beatiful 1983 Squier Tele that I loved with my old brownface Deluxe. Since I sold that amp and moved to Marshalls the Tele didn't get much playing time, since I never liked the sound of a Tele over a Marshall. Now with the Kemper and some great Fender profiles I started to play the Tele more and now I noticed I don't like the thin neck. So I'm now thinking about a Blackguard built, Musikraft parts and finished by mjt-finishes. I found that with all amps covered by my Kemper, I need a Tele urgently.

Without the Kemper I would still play my Les Paul over my Marshall but I wouldn't have the lust for a new Tele.

I have a Strat that I have built for sentimental reasons (very long story) and not so much for the sound or even playing it much. Now with some great Fender clean profiles in the Kemper I'm loving that guitar and notice for the first time what a fantastic guitar I've built there.

The Kemper really brings out the best of a guitar and makes me want to buy more guitars.

• I agree you do indeed need different guitars for diffeernt amps.
    although I like my tele running through a Marshall (JTM/Plexi) - because I like the twangy vibe from it.

But playing a Lespaul through a Vox amp just doesn't feel right to me, but with a tele or strat it gels brilliant.

Same with some fender amps, - im ever changing my guitars these days as I turn the knob to the next profile....

Its a sad life we lead :)

• After buying the Suhr Guthrie Govan, it was like buying the Kemper: you will never need anything else! Never thought of saying that one time! I had 26 guitars and lots of amps, but now my setup: Suhr - Line6 Relay 90 - Kemper with GCP and 2 pedals .... that´s it!
    Nothing more needed (o.k., there´s more stuff laying around, but this I´ll take on stage for gigging!).
    Try a Suhr and GAS is gone!
    Greetings, Mario

• I've got 3 electrics, one 6, one 7 and one 8-string.
    So no more guitars for me, why would you need more than one if it has the same number of strings :whistling:

But seriously, got enormous GAS for a semi-acoustic, especially now that I've been messing around with some of the clean profiles on the KPA...does it ever stop :D

• What do you guys do with that many guitars? I just picked up number 6 and will sell one - restringing that many guitars is NO fun! Number 6 is a 1978 Ibanez Artist :)

Nice! Been looking for one of them for long time, but here they hover at the price of a PRS.... :(

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Nice! Been looking for one of them for long time, but here they hover at the price of a PRS.... :(

Found this in a pawn shop and paid $900 cash (US dollars). It's at my guitar tech getting cleaned up. All the pots were cutting in/out, and everything was a bit grungy - but overall very good condition. Even with the barbed-wire strings and dirt I could tell this was a quality instrument. You can feel it via the sound vibrating in the neck. I can't wait to get it back fully cleaned and set up 8o

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer