Issues with Rig Manager and Profiler Stage after software update. **SOLVED**

• Hello,

Today I was prompted to do a software update. First for Rig Manager and then for the Profiler Stage. After completing both updates, I started having some issues.

The first issue is that I can't choose any rig on Rig Manager. Before, I'd normally double click on a rig from the local library and it would load it. Now when I try to do the same, it doesn't load. Before I see a little headphones icon next to the rig, but it doesn't do that anymore, it just highlights the rig but it doesn't load it.

I tried the following troubleshooting steps.

- Quit and relaunch Rig Manager, issue persisted.

- Turn the Profiler Stage off/on, issue persisted.

- Turn computer off/on, issue persisted.

- Erase and reinstall Rig Manager, issue persisted.

- Erase Rig Manager and the Kemper Amps folder from Library-Application support, issue persisted.

The second issue is an error message again on Rig Manager that says:

"Some items in Profiler are damaged. To resolve this issue turn PROFILER off. Wait for 10 seconds and choose Browse mode while holding the RIG button for at least 30 seconds. PROFILER will boot and attempt to repair the items in question"

Instructions are not very clear, so I tried the following.

Turned profiler off, waited 10 seconds, then pressed and held the Browser and RIG buttons for at least 30 seconds, but nothing happened.

Turned profiler off, waited 10 seconds, pressed and held the RIG button for at least 30 seconds and then pressed the Browser button, but nothing happened.

The third and last issue, if I have Rig Manager open, I get audio issues with Logic. Audio is choppy, cuts in an out during playback.

All these issues occurred after updating Rig Manager and the Profiler Stage, when prompted.

I sent this info to Kemper support, asking for advise on how fix the problem.

Any one else having similar issues?

• I heard back from Kemper support, and they asked me for some additional information. They also asked me to enable automatic update checks and to include beta versions, in Rig Manager.

Once I have more info and/or the issue is resolved, I'll update this thread. Just in case someone is having the same issue.

• Today I uninstalled Rig Manager, and deleted files from the user library and caches again.

What I did different this time, was to create a new user account on the same computer.
    Downloaded and installed Rig Manager. Launched Rig Manager, then turned on the Profiler. Rigs started to sync and got the same error message “Sometimes in the PROFILER are damaged.

Running macOS version 11.6

Waiting for support on a possible fix.

• Rigs started to sync and got the same error message “Sometimes in the PROFILER are damaged.

Running macOS version 11.6

Waiting for support on a possible fix.

this all sounds a bit like you have a bug/usb topology related issue. try another port, possibly try without a hub and check if it works better.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• this all sounds a bit like you have a bug/usb topology related issue. try another port, possibly try without a hub and check if it works better.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I turned both my computer and the profiler off.

I switched ports.

Launched Rig Manager, turned the profiler on and no luck. Rig manager does see the profiler, but there's a 0 next to; no rigs, presets or performances.

Quit and re-launched Rig Manager while having the profiler on, and same issue.

When you say "try without a hub", what do you mean? My signal flow is Profiler --> USB cable --> USB to USB-C adapter --> computer. I don't have any hubs, if that's what you were referring to.

I'm thinking this is a software issue. Reason I said this is because everything was working fine, until I did the software update.

Kemper support got back to me, and they asked me for the debug log again. I just sent it to them.

I'll update this thread once I have more info.

• Got a reply from Kemper support. They released a new update (for the profiler), and said that it might fix the issue.

I downloaded the file, updated the profiler using a USB stick, and it has been working well so far.

I'm happy to be using Rig Manager AND the profiler together, again.

Thank you Kemper support!