Lock amp section as an effect

• Hello there,

I'm about to buy a fender acoustasonic jazzmaster. It works great with some amps but in my opinion even better direct through the PA.

Still I wish to use the fx from the kemper, and be able to switch on my regular jazzmaster quickly if I break a string for example. I've got several sounds per song so I cannot simply create a rig with and without the amp section.

In that way, if I could assign the "amp" button on a fx slot that could be perfect.

Thanks!

• You should be able to do this with NRPN code.

However, if you need to use the Kemper in conjunction with a certain guitar, it might make more sense to have dedicated patches where the amp block is either off or on. It's a dead simple solution too.

• one option for using an acoustic guitar in an emergency would be to have an FX Loop locked on all Rigs/Performances. The Send would go to the PA but there would be no Return. In this scenario you would be able to switch guitars and step on the Switch to enable the loop to go to PA. You could also try the Parallel Path option.

I sometimes set up my Piezo equipped Guitars with two cables. One goes to the Fron Input on the KPA. The other (Piezo out) goes to a return on the FX Loop block. This lets me have Electric throught the Amp with all FX, Piezo through full signal path (usually with some acoustic rigs loaded in the Amp block), or combined with electric going through full chain from Stomp C onward and Piezo going through one effect then on to PA using parallel path.

However, I tend to reserve Slot 5 in all performances for an acoustic rig. I have 4 rigs for electric and 1 for acoustic.

• You should be able to do this with NRPN code.

However, if you need to use the Kemper in conjunction with a certain guitar, it might make more sense to have dedicated patches where the amp block is either off or on. It's a dead simple solution too.

I don't know about NRPN code, could you enlight me?

Right now I will create dedicated patches, but since I can't (still!) Afford another JM, if i had to switch on my solidbody, switching on a regular amp with a single hit on a footswitch could be great.

Thank you!

• one option for using an acoustic guitar in an emergency would be to have an FX Loop locked on all Rigs/Performances. The Send would go to the PA but there would be no Return. In this scenario you would be able to switch guitars and step on the Switch to enable the loop to go to PA. You could also try the Parallel Path option.

I sometimes set up my Piezo equipped Guitars with two cables. One goes to the Fron Input on the KPA. The other (Piezo out) goes to a return on the FX Loop block. This lets me have Electric throught the Amp with all FX, Piezo through full signal path (usually with some acoustic rigs loaded in the Amp block), or combined with electric going through full chain from Stomp C onward and Piezo going through one effect then on to PA using parallel path.

However, I tend to reserve Slot 5 in all performances for an acoustic rig. I have 4 rigs for electric and 1 for acoustic.

That's a nice idea, but i already use the fx loop for my dedicated octover/crossover. One day kemper will add that option and I could use your suggestion :)

• I don't know about NRPN code, could you enlight me?

Right now I will create dedicated patches, but since I can't (still!) Afford another JM, if i had to switch on my solidbody, switching on a regular amp with a single hit on a footswitch could be great.

Thank you!

Got this from wikipedia

Non-Registered Parameter Number is part of the Musical Instrument Digital Interface specification for control of electronic musical instruments. NRPNs allow manufacturer-specific or instrument-specific MIDI controllers that are not part of the basic MIDI standard.

Not all floorboards have this though. The Kemper Accepts NRPN though. In the support section, you'll find an explanation of how the Kemper uses NRPN.

• Maybe I got the problems of the author wrong, but:

Isn't it the easiest way to solve the problems by creating a rig with the amp section switched ON?

If there is a problem with the guitar, you just change to this rig.