Problem with Double Tracker

• I have the following problem:

During playing with Double Tracker activated, the signal of the right channel gets lost (or a little bit quieter) for some milliseconds and is back at once.
    I realized that by using headphones (connected directly at the Kemper) with my Kemper head and my Kemper stage. (OS ist the newest)

It's hard to hear, but the drop outs are there (not easy to realize) and only at one channel (right side).

Does anybody else have this problem?

• You have to bump up the lower channel by about 2-3db (Say the right channel). Even though the meters will show the low side (right channel) much higher than the other side (left), the stereo field and double tracking effect seem to produce more high end on the left and more low end on the right. I assume this is by design... or my friggin ears now have their own EQ settings. Your ears will hear the high end as louder even though it is not, and of course, the low end sounding lower.

The only way I know how to even the high end on both sides is to EQ some high end on the right side when playing in stereo, or with DAW, record two left tracks and do the old school trick of 25ms nudge on one of the tracks.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm not sure what I am hearing is a bug. It's works the same way as the TCE Mimiq and Chromatic Delay DT with respect to volume differences from one channel to another.

I would like to see the addition of output level controls within the preset so it only works when the DT is on, and you go back to your normal global output levels when OFF. You only need +/- zero-6db values.

• I'm not sure what I am hearing is a bug. It's works the same way as the TCE Mimiq and Chromatic Delay DT with respect to volume differences from one channel to another.

I would like to see the addition of output level controls within the preset so it only works when the DT is on, and you go back to your normal global output levels when OFF. You only need +/- zero-6db values.

There are volume differences between the 2 channels (left side is louder) and there are drop outs (very very short, and only to hear with headphones).

• If you listen carefully to the left and right channels using the DT with Kemper stereo outs, you will hear a brighter signal (top end) on the left and a warmer signal (low end) on the right. Since we hear mids and highs more easily than lows this can give the impression that the left channel is louder. To make both channels sound equal in volume to the human ear, you need to raise the right channel up about 2-3db.

When I use a pedal DT like the Mimiq (stereo version) with Kemper stereo outs, I either have to raise the right channel volume in my DAW or raise the gain knob on my interface 2-3db. This tells me that the Kemper DT is acting the same as the Mimiq DT. In which case, they are both working correctly or both are flawed.

If I could send out a dual mono signal on the Kemper outs ands try that with the Kemper DT then I assume I would get a equal volume impression from left to right channels. I may be able to do this with a Mimiq (stereo version) by sending a mono main out and a monitor out from the Kemper to the L and R input of the Mimiq but I still should get a difference of top end to low end from the pedal design itself.

You also have to consider that when using Kemper in stereo there is still a slight difference in volume from Left to Right which would get multiplied (and exacerbated) by the use of the DT.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• those differences must be set by user’s choice.
    doubling guitars doesn’t necessarily means you have to deal with frequencies volume on the master output.

And for a profiler/modeler it’s a non sense to deal with left/right master volume.

How do you use it live? How do you handle this differences in right/left volumes for a preset that doesn’t use DT?

Makes no sense in the real live world.

and it does not deal with a official release that doesn’t solve the beta « random phase » problem.

• I agree.

With this problems, the DT makes right now, it's not usable for me live on stage.

I play stereo and I need two channels with exact the same volume because there are rigs I use which have DT

and there are rigs without.

• How do you use it live? How do you handle this differences in right/left volumes for a preset that doesn’t use DT?

Makes no sense in the real live world.

You can use a mixer. When playing at gig volumes then the volume difference should not be that noticeable to the audience especially in the mix of a band. But I would prefer that the volumes are equal if that can be possible. I am not defending the way DT's work now but I know how to compensate for it.

• You can use a mixer. When playing at gig volumes then the volume difference should not be that noticeable to the audience especially in the mix of a band. But I would prefer that the volumes are equal if that can be possible. I am not defending the way DT's work now but I know how to compensate for it.

If I go to a gig I don't want to use an additional mixer. I want to use my Kemper and the two channels of the Kemper go to the FOH and are linked together in the main mixer.

I would like to keep it as simple as possible. Therefor both channels must have the same level and the same sound (EQ, effects,...).

• If you need to balance the levels of channels in the KPA use the Panorama control in the Rig Menu.

But then I have to edit every single rig of my profiler.
    With more than 60 performances I use (each performance is for 1 song) that's a lot of work.

It would be much easier to have a DT which works correct.