What's your go-to Kemper tool to cut highs?

• What's your go-to control to cut highs in the Kemper if you're going through a PA and your profile sounds a little bright? In the PA I typically play through the soundguy has my channel really optimized for the profile I typically use. I'm trying out a new profile and it's a bit bright, and I don't want to have to ask him to readjust my channel in the PA because I'll be switching back and forth between these profiles. So I need a tool to cut the highs in the new profile without taking up an additional effect block (I hope!) and without impacting the highs in the other profile I use. Thoughts? Should I just use the treble knob in the amp block? Is there anything in the cab block that might be more effective without really compromising the sound of the profile?

Thanks!

• or roll of the Treble/Presence of the amp.

Be careful when cutting highs in the mix because it can make you sound more distant. I like the highs of the guitar to complement the drum cymbals. But that's just me and I have no idea what I am doing. :P

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Cab module hi shift, a little goes a long way.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• The cab module controls are VERY powerful and can fix or mess up things easily. Normally If I think things are too bright I just go for the LPF. The problems are usually above what my live cab produces so I don't notice it there.

• Try the Definition in the Amp section. 8)

I don't find that the definition control affects the highs as much as many make it out to. I mean it does, but it seems to affect the feel too. The cab controls, EQ or LPF would be my go to. I'll use the global LPF. That way I can shift the top end on everything, save it as an output preset then go back to "normal" with a less bright EQ'd P.A. And it's a quick fix.

• I don't find that the definition control affects the highs as much as many make it out to. I mean it does, but it seems to affect the feel too. The cab controls, EQ or LPF would be my go to. I'll use the global LPF. That way I can shift the top end on everything, save it as an output preset then go back to "normal" with a less bright EQ'd P.A. And it's a quick fix.

What if I don't want to impact everything with a global low pass filter? If I have several profiles that are perfect and one that's a bit bright, and I want to switch between profiles in a set, what would you recommend?

• What if I don't want to impact everything with a global low pass filter? If I have several profiles that are perfect and one that's a bit bright, and I want to switch between profiles in a set, what would you recommend

"The more you find what Kemper can do then the harder you try to find what it cannot do" This is very accurate.

I thought you wanted to tame it overall. If individual rigs are giving you problems, I'd just go for the EQ knobs or studio EQ. Fix and save. You might save the EQ as well if you want to copy it elsewhere or lock and copy. The EQ knobs on front are very powerful normally it doesn't take more than a couple "lights" on a toaster. If that isn't doing it, I'd blame the profile.

• The cab module controls are VERY powerful and can fix or mess up things easily. Normally If I think things are too bright I just go for the LPF. The problems are usually above what my live cab produces so I don't notice it there.

Yep, hi shift lower 0.1 to 0.2 does the trick, not global, no effect slot been doing it for a decade because it works IMO.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.