(SOLVED) Kemper doesn't take expression pedal (Dunlop Volume (X) )

• Hey, can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I'm doing everything they're doing in the Kemper video tutorial, even using the same exact pedal.

I have the Dunlop Volume X.

Guitar is connected to the INPUT of my Kemper Powered Head.

I connect the volume/expression pedal with a guitar cable from the pedal's EXP output to PEDAL 3 on my remote. (Also tried connecting it to PEDAL 1 on the back of my Kemper = same result).

In the SYSTEM settings it seems to recognize the pedal since it doesn't show <not plugged> on the channel that I use for the pedal.

Mode: Pedal Type 1

Function: Volume Pedal

I guess the thing should work immediately but it has no effect.

When I go to the RIG page for Volume Pedal Settings the volume bar doesn't move when I move the pedal.

When I click CALIBRATE in the SYSTEM settings nothing happens.

So... what am I doing wrong? Is my new pedal broken?

• P.S.: I tried plugging it in as a normal volume pedal, plugging the guitar into the pedal's input and going from the output into the Kemper. That works. But of course, I'd like to use it as an expression pedal and place it in the chain where I want. At least I know the pedal isn't broken...

• I have the Dunlop Volume X and it works well.

First, you must use a stereo (TRS) cable for any expression pedal. Guitar cables are mono or TS. Without a TRS cable, nothing will work.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• P.P.S: If I plug the pedal in while the Kemper is already running both my remote and profiler jump to the tuner setting. A little text writes: Pedal Volume is 0 (Mute) and I can't hear anything. Moving the pedal does nothing. I only get volume when I click "Pedal Vol. to max" on the profiler.

• I have the Dunlop Volume X and it works well.

First, you must use a stereo (TRS) cable for any expression pedal. Guitar cables are mono or TS. Without a TRS cable, nothing will work.

Hm, thanks. Guess that's it then. Unfortunately, I have a house full of cables but don't think I have a stereo cable laying around anywhere. Not sure what else I'd need it for.

• I bought a couple from Monoprice. Not the best cables, but the application doesn’t see a lot of abuse.

A local shop should have a decent cable for 8 or 10 bucks. With the remote, you need maybe an 18” length. I’ve got an 18” and a 36”.

The 36” it’s way too long….but works fine.

• Ruefus I actually found a very old and short stereo cable laying around and it works! Will buy a better cable but am glad I can already use this for band rehearsal. Thanks for your help!

SWEET! Glad you got it sorted out.