Is this possible - send main/monitor output to an external device (e.g., a looper) and route back through aux for playback? Kemper Stage

• Hello routing experts,

My goal is to be able to send only my main/monitor output signal to my Apollo twin and monitors (or any other monitor set up, like my soon to be delivered Kemper Kab) together with an external looper and a drum machine, capturing my fully processed guitar sound in an external looper (e.g., play it back via Aux). The reason is simply for the expanded functionality over the onboard looper, especially quantization. I'm trying to avoid the two alternatives that I know will work which include either using a stereo effects loop (hence giving up an effects slot), or sending my main/monitor output to the looper and drum machine, and from the external gear on to my monitoring system. Again, my goal is to keep everything in the Kemper and send both my on the fly loops and other sounds, like a drum machine, through the KPA to my external listening system.

So far, I'm not having any luck. Well, I can get sound back for certain, but not without a lot of phasing and excess volume. Here's my current attempted routing:

1/4" Main output (also tried monitor outputs) to a Ditto Looper, Ditto Looper to Returns 1 and 2; Aux In --> Main

XLR Main output to Apollo

Is there a way this can be accomplished?

thanks!

• Using a DAW would make this terribly simple.

Yeah for sure, but my goal is to keep everything in the Kemper and not use up an effects slot (so valuable, especially with the parallel delay/reverb option). I can't carry my DAW to practice or when I play live, or downstairs where a Kemper Cabinet will be...