• They have no software testers at Kemper. I'm sure. Or if they have, then they are not kicking some developers ass. That's why I think in the end Kemper will fail with their product. I have worked at various software development departments but I never seen so unstable software.

I have had all kinds of guitar gear and this device is really the only one that keeps dissapointing in stability. On the device itself with the original footpedal, its all doable. Still some ignorances and bugs. But when you start using the rig manager to get stuff set up. It's absolutly unusable. And they already spent a decade to develop this product. I really spend nights of tweaking to find it is all corrupted (again!) after closing the rig manager.

I am an IT professional as well. Could things be better? Always. Is RM the most intuitive editor/librarian, definitely not. Do I have some development items on my wish list that I'd like to see prioritized, absolutely (e.g., sweetened tunings, customizable speed settings on the Leslie effect, a cool polyphonic synth module, External midi clock sync with the looper, better wireless remote options, etc. etc. etc.).

But those are minor asks in the big picture (...sweetened tunings... pretty please!?). I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Kemper's commitment to the platform, their ability to wring so much goodness out of legacy hardware, the free (!) and fairly frequent updates, and the bottom line results from the product. The Profiler has been about as stable as any piece of gear I own (reminder, tubes go bad and strings also break from time to time) - I haven't been out of action long enough to complain about anything on this front.

The most glaring issue at the moment for me is the delay in patch changes that has crept into the latest builds - that's something they should really try to address ASAP... and I'm guessing they will figure it out.

The product has been on the leading edge for a decade... and the company kept its original clients in the mix all the way through. That's unheard of in the MI industry (something Roland would never consider in a million years).

Nothing here to complain about IMO. Oh, and about those sweetened tunings... ;)