• I would only like it, stavility, tranquility, with a device with sound quality for guitar. hardness and durable, a software and firmware totally stable and functional, speed in change midi _( has midi delay when changing) fuidez in handling with rig manager, without locks, without unstepado closures of the rigmanager ,

• I'll translate for those who're confused:

I would only like stability, tranquility, with a device with sound quality for guitar. Tough and durable, a software and firmware totally stable and functional, speed in midi changes ( has midi delay when changing) "fluency" in handling with rig manager, without locks, without unexpected closures of rig manager.

All I can say is that Kemper obviously tries to create and improve products that are durable, stable, easy-to-use and sound great.

As for the MIDI delay when, I assume you mean patch changing, that's a new one to me. There should be no additional perceptible latency when compared to, say, using the floorboard or switches on the unit itself. Hmm... :/

• Code
    Gracias compañero, mi Kemper ahora está en proceso de usar una garantía, ya que no ha sido una experiencia estable para mí, y me ha dado un poco de miedo a Kemper y la inseguridad, en mi caso me ha dado problemas constantes pero como Lo indiqué arriba está en proceso de garantía, cambio o reparación, espero que Kemper me dé la confianza que necesito.

Thanks partner, my Kemper is now in the process of using a guarantee, since it has not been a stable experience for me, and I have become a little afraid of Kemper and insecurity, in my case, it has given me constant problems but as I indicated above It is in the process of guarantee, change or repair, I hope that Kemper will give me the confidence that I need.
  • In my experience at least with midi fcb1010 kemper chip, it slows down the change, also, I have had problems with lowering the sound quality and (as if a distortion oedal would run out of batteries) kemper has given me a lot of insecurity, now my kemper It is in the process of using the guarantee and I hope that my problem will be solved soon and I will trust Kemper again, without fear of failure. Sorry my english is traslate

• I agree.

It’s a piece of gear that claims to be « high end » and « professional grade ».

But, it’s really insecure to work with…

Problems with rig manager, performances, freezing, delay and reverb in a preset but suddenly disappear, performances switching that is sometimes buggy, load times of the unit that is also acting weird (I only have 5 rigs in my stage) etc etc etc.
    i had to stop using performances for my shows because of the instability.

Not even mentioning the battery problem that I have on a brand new stage bought in April, that causes insecurities in my job.

The lack a high end customer care for a so called « professional unit » : I’m a active pro musician, I just can’t afford the time to get in touch with the shop where I bought it, send it to them, they send it to kemper, they send it to me bla-bla-bla. way too much time, I got to work with it!

I once had a problem with a faulty battery on a Macbook pro, solved in two days with one phone call to apple to get a new unit by ups.

Sure the kemper is a great piece of gear, but damn.. back in the days I never had such problem with a line6 pod x3 live. No bugs or what so ever.

I hope kemper will one day solve those problems

• Because some people, they do inatrosamente bad me fabulously well? it's something I don't understand... I have a hd 500 very widely used and is still more alive than ever ...... kemper has created a lot of insecurity with all this and more these past days or rather weeks, trying to understand if it was a firmware or hardware problem. .... and almost out of my house I haven't left..... I can't imagine the care you have to take it to live... like I'm about to save for another kemper extra...

I hope that this nightmare passes and my kemper returns in optimal and reliable conditions for the rest of my future 50 years........ hehehe but it gives me that it's not going to be like that..:/

• I use a Famc Liquid Foot midi controller and always use Performance mode unless messing around. I have no midi lag.

I do get some crashes when connected to Rig Manager and using midi switching but I can live with that, especially as my midi commands also change lighting, mixer and outboard gear too.

• They have no software testers at Kemper. I'm sure. Or if they have, then they are not kicking some developers ass. That's why I think in the end Kemper will fail with their product. I have worked at various software development departments but I never seen so unstable software.

I have had all kinds of guitar gear and this device is really the only one that keeps dissapointing in stability. On the device itself with the original footpedal, its all doable. Still some ignorances and bugs. But when you start using the rig manager to get stuff set up. It's absolutly unusable. And they already spent a decade to develop this product. I really spend nights of tweaking to find it is all corrupted (again!) after closing the rig manager.

• They have no software testers at Kemper. I'm sure. Or if they have, then they are not kicking some developers ass. That's why I think in the end Kemper will fail with their product. I have worked at various software development departments but I never seen so unstable software.

I have had all kinds of guitar gear and this device is really the only one that keeps dissapointing in stability. On the device itself with the original footpedal, its all doable. Still some ignorances and bugs. But when you start using the rig manager to get stuff set up. It's absolutly unusable. And they already spent a decade to develop this product. I really spend nights of tweaking to find it is all corrupted (again!) after closing the rig manager.

Is it perfect? No. Not even close.

Is it the failure and train wreck you describe above?

No. Not even close.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Here we see a typical "software bathtub curve".

A 10 year old hardware / software concept is constantly being adapted to new customer requirements.

As a result, the software continues to be destructured and the hardware resources are overloaded.

The existing software (especially in the area of user interface) is constantly being further developed, although this software was never designed for this.

You can see this above all on the rig manager but also on the display processor response times to user input, freezing of the UI, exception handling, MIDI buffer overflow and many more.

I see it completely neutral and have seen such developments many times in my 35 years in software and hardware development.

In the end it is always the same, you shy away from financial investments in the new development of new products because you tie up so many resources with the maintenance and further development of the old products that you cannot afford a new development.

In the end, this can lead to the bankruptcy of the company, especially if competitors bring new, better products onto the market.

Here is an article on the subject:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse…ftware-systems-lifecycle/

Be the force with you ;)

• Used live since 2015 and carried a backup rig for no reason at all on over 200 shows.

There have always been delays on modellers changing patch, but who can tell in a live situation. I now use a computer to remotely change patches and drag the track forward on Pro Tools.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• I suspect that some people have a lot of garbage on their computers that is really causing the problems, but point at Rig Manager. I haven't had any issues with it at all to be honest but my PC is also clean of bloatware and just crappy programs.

• RM messing up performances is certainly not a myth. It has happened to multiple people for multiple years. Partly because of real bugs, partly because of unintuitive work flows. It's not a total train wreck (was for many years when dealing with performances). But let's not pretend it's perfect and everything is user error either.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Nothing ever is perfect and I am certain that Rig Manager can continue to evolve and get better but with software there are a lot of variables in play to include OS updates that can throw a wrench into the mix. I'm fairly new to this but I was also a developer and have been pretty impressed with how stable it is overall. I have certainly played with a lot worse. That was all I was trying to say...

Edited once, last by wpotere ().