More Blocks!!

• Hi,

There’s now so much great effects and possibilities on the kemper that I run out of blocks really quickly…

especially on the post effects!

one block for eq

One block for chorus

One for delay

One for reverb

where can I enable a booster, double tracker, etc etc.

Eq and double tracker can be a options in the amp or cab block for example. They would free 2 slots.

What do you think?

• The output block might be better - as with the Space control. Ideally you would be able to set the location in the chain (eg between X and Y slots). The same could be done with the FX loop. Set its location and offer switching on/off by external switches and MIDI controls. So many great features but not enough space for them all in the current 8 slot layout.

• I'd settle for the same number of blocks but with the flexibility to place them pre or post amp. I'm often pushed for post amp bocks but I rarely use the pre amp slots.

That is exactly how I feel. I have never had a rig where I needed more than 8 blocks. When it get to that stage it is time to switch to a different rig instead. However, I would love the ability to select how many blocks are pre the Stack and how many after.

Taking this even further it would be great to have the ability to decide how many blocks are used in the Parallel Path rather than just the fixed 2 at present.

• That is exactly how I feel. I have never had a rig where I needed more than 8 blocks. When it get to that stage it is time to switch to a different rig instead. However, I would love the ability to select how many blocks are pre the Stack and how many after.

Taking this even further it would be great to have the ability to decide how many blocks are used in the Parallel Path rather than just the fixed 2 at present.

There's also 8 buttons on the device too

• Need more blocks? Do a sound really need that much? More is better? Honestly if you can't the sound you like with 4 at the most I doubt your ears.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Need more blocks? Do a sound really need that much? More is better? Honestly if you can't the sound you like with 4 at the most I doubt your ears.

I definitely find your comment out of place, remember every person has a way to approach tone-shapping, I fill up slots pretty fast with at least 2 EQ in the chain (one pre and one post for taming freq problems in guitar and amp respectively), an overdrive, delay, compresor and fuzz pre amp, and the classic reverb slot, leaving me just 1 slot to experiment if I want to go dreamy with lets say, a phaser.

There is a point to be made where kemper puts limitations, which you can or not find inspiring, specially when you have a set workflow. There are no wrong opinions when you are asking back for opinion and not attacking anyone.

The answer is 42

who the hell are you?

show us some vids or sample of what you can get with your magical premium ears and let’s talk again please.

• who the hell are you?

show us some vids or sample of what you can get with your magical premium ears and let’s talk again please.

Sometimes, if you’ve got nothing nice to say….neither should contribute. This isn’t the a place for calling each other out.

If you’re going to post an opinion on a public forum - expect strong opposing views. Especially from someone like Gearjocke, who’s been in this forum for nearly a decade.

My thought is this: If I need an eq front and back for a particular profile……I find an entirely different profile that doesn’t.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'm really divided on this point.

Of course, it would be (theoretically) better to have more possibilities but i think we could loose ergonomic.

I had a L6 Helix before and could have million of possibilities with its 32 blocks.

I've taken some shared presets on L6's Helix cloud and i've met really weird stuffs....The sound was strange, the FX chain was too....On those cases, i've lost more time to understand how it was built and where the problem was located than doing it by myself.... Once i had no sound coming from the preset ; :?: the output block was on 0dB ?! ;(X( Don't need to say how many time i've spent searching for the solution....

The kemper is a simple device (more than i expected at the beginning), It doesn't seem user friendly but it is ; 4 pre slots, 4 post slots....I assume that a lot of improvements have been done during all these years (I've understood that delay and reverb were locked in one specific slot before). The Kabinet is one of the recent improvement. But per Rig, we have to know what we've done, have we selected the good speaker imprint, have we ticked the Kemper Kone (this parameters is global so it's not an important problem), etc....

I fear, that it would be more complex to built a Rig on the device (don't want to be forced to use my computer to), that it would be more difficult to understand directly our device like today ; My chorus is not in front of my amp but post amp even if the block/the led is pre-amp ....Ho no, go in your stomp parameters, see on page 4/7 that you have placed it post-amp, etc... All i wanna say is that i don't want to be drowned in paramaters lists....

I think it would be better to have some gathered stomp to keep stomp position ; delay+reverb for exemple....

• Totally agree with nearly everything you said. One of the reasons the Kemper is so common on top level touring stages is almost certainly because of its ease of use and simple easy to follow signal path.

One of the main reasons I chose it over the Helix was that it knew what it wanted to do and did it well instead of trying to be a Jack of all trades and master of none. It's simplicity and intuitive workflow/UI was more important to me than the sound difference as both Helix and Axe also sound great (yes, to my personal ears I do think the Kemper sounds better but it's a personal taste not good v bad thing).

The team at Kemper have refused many requests in the past on the ground that it would make the unit to complex. I don't see them changing their philosophy now.

• Helix is pretty user friendly and very easy to use. Nevertheless, i didn't/don't need/want this amount of possibilities and prefered focus my search on the amp/cab sound, and for me the Kemper was the closer in this game.

I think i'ts better that Kemper team don't listen to all of our whims ^^.

With the stage, they didn't look at the competitors devices and purposed a totally new one thing. They've just purpose a new all-in-one foot modeler and kept their own philosophy. The main advantage is that they didn't make their old devices obsolete overnight. :thumbup:

• who the hell are you?

Yeah bro, my point before goes for you too, this not about confronting anyone, its about respecting each other, I can concede you have a point, and gearjocke might have it too, but agression is not a valid answer.

The answer is 42

• Sometimes, if you’ve got nothing nice to say….neither should contribute. This isn’t the a place for calling each other out.

If you’re going to post an opinion on a public forum - expect strong opposing views. Especially from someone like Gearjocke, who’s been in this forum for nearly a decade.

My thought is this: If I need an eq front and back for a particular profile……I find an entirely different profile that doesn’t.

We just need to agree to disagree then, from a tone design perspective, cutting one or two spike frequencies from your guitar or your amp does not change the whole character of it, it just polishes rough edges. Then again, there are people who would preffer to actually change amp, or cabinet , but once I find a profile that "gets it", for me is about polishing the sound in it, in a matchless amp is cutting a nice happy spike on the upper 1.5kHz at least 2 decibels normally.

Its all about approach, for me 4 pre, 4 post is really tight, it helps a lot if you got pedals laying around.

The answer is 42