Mesa Dual Rectifier Rev F

• Hi Folks,

I know there are plenty of Mesa Dual Rec's on the Rig Exchange. I have had a particular fascination with this amp, and acquired one recently. I admit I don't know all it's secrets, but I picked up the courage to try and capture this one I have. So I'm not an expert in lower tuning sounds, and I made these profiles just with a regular 6 string. The patches are here and in the Exchange.

cheers,

David

• Thanks! Looking forward to trying these.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• :thumbup:You can't imagine how tired I am of hearing high gain profiles made with guitars low tuned to B or A or even lower. :rolleyes: Good for those that like that though. I'm a too old fart for it. :D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• :thumbup:You can't imagine how tired I am of hearing high gain profiles made with guitars low tuned to B or A or even lower. :rolleyes: Good for those that like that though. I'm a too old fart for it. :D

That said, I will have to try nailing a good recto tone for my 8 string !! ;)

It’s harder said then done, the lower range pulls out a different aspect of the amps, which is why I think this particular vintage recto found a new lease on life as a result with the lo tuned community. I find it works especially well in an underscore context with orchestra.

These sounds were made with a Les Paul in mind.

( I get confused by all those 8 strings, but I try to be ‘current’)

• Mate, I've been trying to find a decent recto sound for eons since I stupidly sold my Triple F Rev Recto years ago. I kick my own ass daily on a ritualistic basis lol

Orange 1 natural nails the tone for me. I used to run the red channel in orange mode or was it orange in red?? with quite a lot of mids, so you'd play an open G on a Les Paul and you'd get that 'roar'.. nothing has come closer that your profile. If you ever feel so inclined.. a profile of the afore mentioned orange/red or red/orange?? that would be beyond awesome.

Keep up the killer work and thank you!!!!

• Mate, I've been trying to find a decent recto sound for eons since I stupidly sold my Triple F Rev Recto years ago. I kick my own ass daily on a ritualistic basis lol

Orange 1 natural nails the tone for me. I used to run the red channel in orange mode or was it orange in red?? with quite a lot of mids, so you'd play an open G on a Les Paul and you'd get that 'roar'.. nothing has come closer that your profile. If you ever feel so inclined.. a profile of the afore mentioned orange/red or red/orange?? that would be beyond awesome.

Keep up the killer work and thank you!!!!

Hey Dude, thanks for the kind words! And don’t kick yourself, we all sell gear from time to time.

Now, I’m a bit new to the recto, so maybe you could school me on what you did to set up your tone. I had the amp channels set to the default normal, channel 1 orange, channel 2 red. I’ll admit I find the orange channel a really different sound now that I got to play with the amp a bit more, and it’s my favourite over the red at the moment.

• It's one of the funny quirks of that amp. Even though you can technically change either channel into it's respective counterpart.. orange to red or red to orange, a little of the inherent character remains. It's been years since I had the pleasure of plugging into one, but I am fairly sure changing the red channel to the vintage setting gives it a nice balance of aggression and squish. At least to my ears! I still preferred the silicone though.. too much of a good thing is never enough haha

I used to run it as part of my W/D/W rig, slaving to an effects rack and going to a Strategy 500. Sounded mighty!!