Solved: MIDI Trouble

• Hey everyone,

New to the kemper game and have been studying tutorials for this thing. I am unable to get the kemper to send program changes to my whammy. I have followed the video instructions verbatim with no luck. I was able to use my FCB1010 no problem but the kemper just will not work.

I’ve tried multiple midi cables. I have the cable from Kemper MIDI Out > Whammy MIDI In. I have a PC 5 message from my rig to my whammy but when I switch to that assigned rig nothing happens. Any ideas?

• Not sure what Whammy you are using but ai used to use a Whammy DT with an RJM Mastermind and was never able to get it working. After several emails with Digitech support and Ron at RJM it turned out that it wasn't possible as they don't use standard midi. It was a long time ago now and I have forgotten the details but I eventually gave up.

• If you search the RJM forum you wil find several threads for the Whammy DT including a few of mine. You might fond that you can do what you want with it as my issue was quite specific. Having reread one of my threads it was the way the Whammy and Drop worked individually. You might be able to get one or the other working properly. Also my issue revolved round trying to set up a page to be able to manually scroll through presets on the fly. If you are just sending simple PC numbers it might be OK.

• If you search the RJM forum you wil find several threads for the Whammy DT including a few of mine. You might fond that you can do what you want with it as my issue was quite specific. Having reread one of my threads it was the way the Whammy and Drop worked individually. You might be able to get one or the other working properly. Also my issue revolved round trying to set up a page to be able to manually scroll through presets on the fly. If you are just sending simple PC numbers it might be OK.

Actually managed to figure it out. It was as simple as changing the channel on the Whammy. I knew it would be something I was overlooking. I must have gotten lucky with the FCB1010. Thanks for the help!