Power Amp for Kemper Kone

• Hi all - just a quick question for those who have the knowledge. I am aware that the Icepower ASC200 is very widely used with Kemper Kones but i already have one of these - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/274082477984 (not showing up as link so you will need to copy and paste into your browser).

Basically it is a mono class D poweramp capable of 300W (not RMS from what i understand), it has a full range or SUB setting - is there any reason it wont work with the Kone?

Also - I don't plan to run it at full volume so the 300watts should not be an issue?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Warren

• Also - I don't plan to run it at full volume so the 300watts should not be an issue?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Warren

I had the opportunity to get a new TC Electronics Bam200 (following advice from other forum members as dmatthews posted above) for $6 when I was putting together my rack this summer, so I didn't look much further than that.

Powering a 112 cab loaded with Kone (at home) I don't turn the master volume past 9 o'clock. I cranked it to 11 or 11:30 once last week just for giggles but my old ears can't take the hit anymore. Might not have been so bad in a larger area with me standing instead of sitting but I've got no doubt I would be able to hear myself in a live situation with a drummer and other instruments. If that unit is similar, which it looks to be, your on the money with not running it at full volume lol.

One advantage from my perspective is all the connections are on the back for hookup, I had to route a cable to the front of the rack for the Bam200, not a deal breaker for me but not as clean looking when finished. If you take the plunge post your results, I'd be interested in hearing how it works out for you.

• I had the opportunity to get a new TC Electronics Bam200 (following advice from other forum members as dmatthews posted above) for $6 when I was putting together my rack this summer, so I didn't look much further than that.

Powering a 112 cab loaded with Kone (at home) I don't turn the master volume past 9 o'clock. I cranked it to 11 or 11:30 once last week just for giggles but my old ears can't take the hit anymore. Might not have been so bad in a larger area with me standing instead of sitting but I've got no doubt I would be able to hear myself in a live situation with a drummer and other instruments. If that unit is similar, which it looks to be, your on the money with not running it at full volume lol.

One advantage from my perspective is all the connections are on the back for hookup, I had to route a cable to the front of the rack for the Bam200, not a deal breaker for me but not as clean looking when finished. If you take the plunge post your results, I'd be interested in hearing how it works out for you.

$6 - now that's a deal ;)

I agree..I am making a cab for this and the kone and i play to mount it in the back of the cab with the volume and switch visible so the speaker connection and RCA to chassis jack will all be inside the cab. I will also add a chassis mount power jack. There is a comment saying it wont work, not sure why though, so will need to do some testing with a cheap speaker i already have.

• Thanks Andy - i had not seen these reviews. I am really only going to be using this for stage sound in a church(will be going xlr out to the desk for the house sound) so i wont be pushing it super loud and if it does cut it wont it would not mean the guitar disappears completely. I have one already so i will give it a go and look at one of the alternatives if it does not work.

• Thanks for the info - may I ask why you think it won't work and more specifically why you think it will damage the kone?

Thanks

It's not designed as a guitar amp. It's a subwoofer amp for Home Theater sound for TV's. It's a cheapo Made in China product and I would not trust their specs. The Kone is designed to work with a specific frequency range and that sub amp might push the Kone beyond it's limits. IMHO.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Ok thanks - it does have the option to run it as a sub amp or full range amp, I plan to run it in full range mode mode. I will try it on a cheap full range speaker I have first and take it from there - thanks for the input.

• Hey All. For those of you that wanted some feedback on how I went with using the Nobsound G2 pro in a kab clone build - it works perfectly. The 300w rating was at 2ohm so that puts it under 200w at 4 ohm - so no issues with it being overpowered. Obviously I am running it in full range mode and all the frequencies are there - the kone sounds great to my ears. I am very happy with the result…and the whole build cost about 550AUD however it took a while. Still need to finish a few things. Cheers