Kemper remote connection problem

• During every band rehearsal my remote turns itself off at some point. I have to unplug it and plug it in again to make it work (I use the connection at the remote to do so). Bit scared of the first gig with the Kemper now.

I use the cable that came with the new remote (not second hand).

Any known solution to make this thing gig worthy?

• I had problems with the remote connection.
    it turned off several times during rehersal, sometimes it restarted by itself, sometimes i had to unplug.

i now use a PoE Switch to power the remote and am very happy.
    A PoE injector will do, but i also had a router connected for the iPad control.

• I've noticed that this happens when the power at the venue is insufficient. It's happened multiple times on gigs where we are playing outdoors running power off of a generator. We also just played at a place in Long Island City, NY at a place with "dirty" power and it happened again.

• Thanks for sharing your experience. Great, so I gotta buy more stuff to make the Kemper work as supposed…

No, you don't. PROFILER and Remote work reliably with the original cable. If you intend to use longer and third party cables, PoE is required as described in the manual.

However cables can break and if they do, they are not reliable anymore. Check your cable e.g. try another short Ethernet cable. Check if the plug has a good fit on the PROFILER side and the LEDs in the socket are constantly busy.

• No, you don't. PROFILER and Remote work reliably with the original cable. If you intend to use longer and third party cables, PoE is required as described in the manual.

However cables can break and if they do, they are not reliable anymore. Check your cable e.g. try another short Ethernet cable. Check if the plug has a good fit on the PROFILER side and the LEDs in the socket are constantly busy.

The cable has been plugged in and unplugged maybe 6 times since I own it, so I would be fairly disappointed if it could break that easily. I checked the connections. It sits very tight in the remote but is kinda wobbly at the Profiler connection. However, when the remote turns itself off I can turn it on again by unplugging and plugging it in again at the remote. That's why I'm not sure the fault is the wobbly cable end at the Profiler - but what do I know.

A different ethernet cable would indeed have to be purchased.

• The cable has been plugged in and unplugged maybe 6 times since I own it, so I would be fairly disappointed if it could break that easily. I checked the connections. It sits very tight in the remote but is kinda wobbly at the Profiler connection. However, when the remote turns itself off I can turn it on again by unplugging and plugging it in again at the remote. That's why I'm not sure the fault is the wobbly cable end at the Profiler - but what do I know.

A different ethernet cable would indeed have to be purchased.

The KEMPER Ethernet cable is high quality, but all cables could break if accidentally put under mechanical stress. Perhaps somebody stumbled over the cable.. .. I'm just repairing a 100€ Vovox guitar cable with a broken wire, what should I say.

Use just any standard Ethernet cable as uzsed with any PC, router, smart TV; ..