Can I reamp TWO tracks simultaneously from Studio One -> Kemper using SPDIF?

• This might be tough to explain, but here goes:

As you know, in studio recording it's common to pan one guitar hard left, and the other hard right. The sound you get is awesome. Well, I'm trying to figure out how to output my dry DI guitar tracks from my DAW and into Kemper, and be able to audition presets via Rig Exchange while my song is playing in the background.

This is easy to do via mono, but I want to do it in STEREO, thus having Guitar L and Guitar R both playing simultaneously so I can better gauge how the final product will sound.

I'm currently reamping via SPDIF, but it appears it only supports mono so I'm stuck having to record 5-10 seconds of Guitar L, then 5-10 seconds of Guitar R, then listen to those together to determine if I like the Kemper preset.

It'd be AMAZING to be able to do this in "real time" while I'm flipping through presets in Rig Manager. Does that make sense? Does anyone know if it's possible?

• Only with 2 Kempers right now. But don't we all have two by now? :)

Maybe the next gen Kemper will be able to do this.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Only with 2 Kempers right now. But don't we all have two by now? :)

Maybe the next gen Kemper will be able to do this.

Grrr not what I wanted to hear! I just bought my FIRST Kemper 2 months ago, so I'm bummed I finally found something I don't like haha.

Apparently QC does this, someone just told me. Hopefully Kemper II supports it!

• Yeah. Perhaps the double tracker effect can be of use while auditioning profiles for reamping. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts if you tried it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• You can do it in dual mono with two tracks to get simulated stereo. Pan one L and the other R. Use a EQ plugin on the right and add some low end, and also invert the signal. After the recording, nudge the Right track about 10-25ms while easing up on the low end EQ. If you happen to find a latency plugin to delay the right channel signal that much then that will work great. I just haven't found one.

To make life easier, as musicmad suggests, use a doubler plugin like Waves - Doubler during recording/reamping.

I also use a TCE stereo Mimiq on my main outs and reamp stereo tracks using TS cables on the interface.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• If you want to hear what two identical rigs would sound like double tracked and hard panned I would just use either

1 - a Double Track effect as suggested above or

2 - Record to two individual mono tracks and pan hard left and rig. On one of the tracks put a sample delay of up to 30ms as BayouTexan suggested. The advantage of using the sample delay on the channel strip (thats what its called in Logic but ProTools and other have something similar) is that you should hear the results in real time without the need to record then nudge one track forward.

• Recording two different takes L/R always sounds way better than any "widener" plugin or "sample delay 30ms" approach.

Just doubletrack the guitars, it doesnt take that much time if you can play the part. Practically just 2x the time.

So if you spend 10-15 minutes tracking Left guitar of a 5 minute song, then maybe you would have to spend 20-30 minutes for both tracks.

You probably have time for that. :thumbup:

If you are so good that you dont even make any mistakes and dont have to re-record anything, you can probably play the song in a single take two times so that would take a total of 10 minutes :)

• Of course Ceddy. We were only discussing how to audition profiles here before reamping both DIs individually. :)

• Totally agree. The OPs request was about how to audition tones which are double tracked. Personally, I would just focus on getting one good tone then change the second one if necessary by reamping against the original track but they seem to want to audition a double tracked sound and make decisions from that.