Bang Bang

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So there I was playing that so simple yet catchy intro riff to that classic by Mission of Burma inspired by events of the day when I realized I've never really done a song where it's just a bass riff with very little guitar. So here you go, almost entirely just bass and drums and not much else.

• I never had any interest in playing bass before but since y'all got me mixing I discovered how bad I need one. Plus, I see just by this song how it can inspire writing new stuff just like it has for you.

So guitar, drums, and bass finished on my checklist. Next is a piano! 8)

The bass should arrive next week as long as it's not sitting in a container on a ship off the coast of California. =O

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks Mats_Nermark , I really don't know about that. I'm very mediocre at everything and to my ears it all sounds so... samey. I'm constantly trying to escape that and figure out how to improve and expand my palette so I can do stuff like you and the other crazy talented people here who all seem to have wonderful guitar tones and ideas and polish while I am stuck in second gear surrounded by constant fiddly soggy undefined fuzz.

• Thanks Mats_Nermark , I really don't know about that. I'm very mediocre at everything and to my ears it all sounds so... samey. I'm constantly trying to escape that and figure out how to improve and expand my palette so I can do stuff like you and the other crazy talented people here who all seem to have wonderful guitar tones and ideas and polish while I am stuck in second gear surrounded by constant fiddly soggy undefined fuzz.

Don't sell yourself short, my good man. Many people, including me would like to have your fountain of musical idea. Next step for you is to do what seems to be the hardest thing for a Swede: abandon "jantelagen".

Cheers,

Mats N