Remote : Add 'both off' as a toggle option when 2 stomps/effects are linked to a single footswitch

• I like the idea in theory but not sure how it would work in practice. I don’t know how the switch would interpret the various logic states. Lets say I have two effects 1 and 2. This gives the following potential combinations:

1 -Both Off,

2- 1 On/2 Off,

3 - 2 On /1 Off,

4 - Both On

I can currently click the switch and alternate between 1 and 2, 1 and 3, 1 and 4 or 2 and 3. However, I have to decide in advance which action I want the pedal to perform.

In order to have more options you would need multiple clicks to cycle through the options. However, this would lose the option to go directly to say the 2nd or 3rd sound in the cycle.

Your specific request seems to be for a “cycle mode” with only a subset of the possible options. In my list this would be 1, 2 and 3 with no need for 4. What if some users want the full range of combinations? Do you have a 3 push cycle or a 4 push cycle? Do you give users the option to select the number of steps in the cycle? This could get pretty messy quite quickly.

I think of a few ways your specific request can be achieved already but will need the use of morphing or two foot switches.

You could assign a footswitch to toggle between 2 and 3 (i.e. one effect is always on). Then use morphing on both FX to move the mix from 0 (effectively turning effect off) and desired level. This way you could turn the active effect on or off at will with the morph button and could preselect which effect will be activated when morphed using the FX button. However, you wouldn’t have the ability to turn both on simultaneously.

If you need the ability to have 1, 2 OR 3, and 4. You would apply similar logic but use the Fx button to toggle between states 2 and 4 or 3 and 4.

A two button approach would be to use two FX buttons next to each other with FX ON/Off assigned to each of them then use your foot to push either button or straddle both and activate them both together.

Abother solution which is not currently available but would be a nice “improvement “ would be to remove the exclusivity between Fx and switches. At the moment multiple FX can be attached to the same switch but you can’t assign one FX to multiple switches. If you could assign the same Fx to multiple switches you could create something similar to the “scenes mode” that users who migrated from Helix or AxeFX often ask for. However, I can imagine would also create some potential logic conflicts.

Another option which several of us have asked for many times is to add multiple “morph” groups. This could allow you to use morphing to achieve the “effective” switching with the mix parameter being morphed while still having the ability to use another morph group for something like a volume boost.

• Thanks for the detailed response. The Kemper is a great tool and there are always good workarounds to any problem. I play live mainly and like to keep it simple, so I use one performance to handle for everything from acoustic ballad to high gain rock, and with the kemper that works really well. But it does mean I try to get a lot of out of each profile and need to get max use from each stomp switch. I currently use multiple stomp switches for different delays and it would be useful to put two delay options on 1 switch. What is stopping me from doing that is the inability to switch them both off. I would be happy to have to single click or double click to select a particular delay, and also to switch them both off.