Kemper Stage SPDIF Sample rate issues with UAD Apollo

• I've been recording my Kemper Stage via SPDIF through my UAD Apollo rig happily for many months until the most recent profiler software update, OS 8.6.2.32267. Ever since this update, I've been unable to record at 96 kHz, which is my default project sample rate setting.

At lower sample rates (e.g. 88.2, 48, 44.1), everything sounds fine, but at 96 kHz, I get atrocious crackling throughout. I haven't tested closely, but I think even at 88.2 kHz, I may get occasional pops/crackles.

I'm using the Apollo as master clock, SPDIF clock on the Kemper in auto mode (and it shows it's synced appropriately). I've tried playing with the SPDIF volume, using Kemper internal sync (it actually sounds better with mismatched sample rates - lower sample rate on the kemper and 96k on Apollo, but of course doesn't sound "normal").

This is frankly a disaster for my recording workflow as all of my old projects are set to 96k sample rate and so I can't record with the Kemper to any of these old tracks if I need to make modifications. Suggestions/thoughts/solutions? Is there any way I can downgrade to the old OS, even though it won't work with the current rig manager?

• I downgraded to 8.5.8 (with USB stick), downgraded Rig Manager to 3.2.43, and restored rigs from backup (without this the KPA confused completly). Scarlett 8i6 3th gen now works well with 48 kHz (with 8.6.2 just the 44.1 kHz working flawless), With 8.5.8 and scarlett the 96 kHz still loosing sync, but I'm not going back to V7.

• Please check out OS 8.6.6 which should solve S/PDIF glitches with some sampling rates on PROFILER Stage models as well as some other issues.

This OS is currently available as public beta. Rig Manager will recommend it, if "Beta" is selected in its Preferences. It can also be downloaded for USB flash drive upgrade here:

Download Operating System Beta Versions

As to myself i will test it when "final" version available.

• Please check out OS 8.6.6 which should solve S/PDIF glitches with some sampling rates on PROFILER Stage models as well as some other issues.

This OS is currently available as public beta. Rig Manager will recommend it, if "Beta" is selected in its Preferences. It can also be downloaded for USB flash drive upgrade here:

Download Operating System Beta Versions

8.6.6 Relase solved S/PDIF glitches. KPA - Scarlett 48 kHz and 96 kHz sync works now (I hope its remain stable).