Wah Setup - Newbie

• How in the world do I set up my wah? Kemper STAGE Profiler

I have the Mission Pedal running to INPUT 1 - the factory default for this input is VOLUME

I've tried Googling, watching video tutorials... absolutely no help

I simply want to be able to use a wah

Honestly, I LOVE the "sounds" in the Kemper, BUT this is the most difficult piece of equipment that I have ever owned. Horribly designed!:cursing:

The other thing that I would like to do is ERASE the factory Profiles. You'd think it would be simple, BUT once again nope.

I cannot access the RIG MANAGER right now. I'm at work, no USB cable. Should I wait to "try" to do these 2 things via the RIG MANGER?

• I had this issue this weekend as well. You have to go under the pedal settings, by pressing the little pedals button on top left by system and rigs. go to pedal 1 and select pedal type, function etc. This video walks through the steps. You also have to use a trs cable for one of the inputs, i cant remember if it is for the rocker or the toe switch. Another tip that i stumbled upon myself is that if you set it to morph instead of wah you can switch back and forth between wah and whammy effects, and other effects under the morph category, where wah seems to be just for wah. Hope this helps. I was really frustrated with this for a couple of hours yesterday which was my first day with the Kemper.

https://youtu.be/Z6CHyeuTIpQ

• Wah setup: did you read Main Manual 8.5? If not download it from support section and read it. There are tons of usefull information.

Erasing profiles: you can do it one by one from Stage directly. If you use RM you can erase at once whatever you select.

• Have you tried reading the manual ? ;) coz it’s covered in there

Press the PEDAL button

for pedal 1, which is the very first screen, set the pedal function to wah.

Couldn’t be simpler or more intuitive.

I agree some things on kemper can be a bit weird to get your head around but this isn’t one of them.

Also make sure you’re using a TRS cable.

• Thanks. Got the wah going through input 1. Now, I have to figure out how to have the wah off when the pedal is up, and on when down. It's the opposite now.

• Wah setup: did you read Main Manual 8.5? If not download it from support section and read it. There are tons of usefull information.

Erasing profiles: you can do it one by one from Stage directly. If you use RM you can erase at once whatever you select.

How do you erase them one by one? I have messed with this thing for hours and can't find it. SO frustrationg.

Yes, I read the manual. I can't find anything about how to do this simple task. BUT, if you want to midi a morphed profile via wifi bounce it off a satellite then combine that with another profile, I'm sure the manual explains that completely.

• from the manual:

"Erase Non-Favorites

If you want to clean up your PROFILER, you can use the “Erase Non-Favorites” soft button in System Settings. All Rigs will be erased, except for “Favorites” and “My Rigs”. We recommend that you create a backup before you use this function."

The PROFILER is a complex device and thus requires a certain amount of effort from the user - this is the way with pro-level gear in general.
    I sense a certain aggression and negativity in your first four posts (now three, I deleted one of them) which is not the way communication works here.

Please, read the manual, ask nicely, no need for drama.

Thank you :)

• Thanks. Got the wah going through input 1. Now, I have to figure out how to have the wah off when the pedal is up, and on when down. It's the opposite now.

again, read the manual. this isn’t hard.

In the wah settings block there is a parameter for exactly this. There’s various options for bypass settings.

As you have the Mission pedal you have two options

1 - use a second cable and allocate the toe switch to turning the wah on/off just like a regular analog wah

2 - in the actual Wah settings in the Rig you are editing (not global system settings) change the operation from bypass@toe to bypass@heel

I know we all feel at home with different things and what is intuitive to one person can be baffling to another but for me the Kemper UI is a work of genius. It is so simple and intuitive it just feels natural to me. I seriously considered Helix and AxeFx at the time but one of the things that swung it for me to go Kemper was the simple elegant user interface with no annoying touch screens etc. I am sure you will get the hang of the Kemper workflow in no time at all.

• And when we are saying "read manual" we mean Main Manual 8.5, not Quick start guide that comes with Profiler!

Excellent point.

Also, keep in mind that the Kemper itself, and the manual, were originally designed by folks who (as far as I know) speak German as their primary language. You may (or may not) encounter explanations in the manual that do not necessarily make sense in translation to whatever your native language might be.

For instance, I have owned my Kemper for at least six years, attempted on many occasion to understand and 'master' using the Wah effect to build various auto-wah sounds, but I still don't understand all of the Wah parameters and how their combined adjustment manifests in the way that effect will sound when incorporated into a rig. (reference 'Peak', 'Peak Range' and 'Touch Boost')

By all means, read the manual, but it may be helpful to clear up any confusion about that by citing or quoting it when you are posting a question that you need help with. Good luck!