Rig Manager - Cabinet section needs improvement

• I don’t understand the request. It is possible to use cabinets from other rigs including IRs with the KPa itself or in Rig Manager already. What is missing that you need?

The ability to create merged profiles is a totally different issue. A merged profile is not just a combination of amp and cabinet but a specific process to extract the cabinet from a studio profile by comparing it against the Direct Amp Profile of the exact same Rig. Both the Direct and Studio profile need to be made at the same time to ensure they are identical if the Merge process is going to work.

• I don’t understand the request. It is possible to use cabinets from other rigs including IRs with the KPa itself or in Rig Manager already. What is missing that you need?

I'm missing choosing Cabs from other rigs in RM. AFAICT, it's only possible to choose IR presets so far.

The ability to create merged profiles is a totally different issue. A merged profile is not just a combination of amp and cabinet but a specific process to extract the cabinet from a studio profile by comparing it against the Direct Amp Profile of the exact same Rig. Both the Direct and Studio profile need to be made at the same time to ensure they are identical if the Merge process is going to work.

I know the process, but it would be great to do that merging or perhaps even control the entire profiling process from RM. Especially as I keep my Stage under the desk, because I don't have room anywhere else.

Stage user

• I'm missing choosing Cabs from other rigs in RM. AFAICT, it's only possible to choose IR presets so far.

Maybe you're looking in the wrong place. You can find all the cabs (and amps, effects, etc.) that are currently on your Profiler under All Presets\My Profiler. But it could be simpler to just add a Cabs folder under All Presets\Local Library where you can then add subfolders and any cabs from any existing profile. Load the profile then drag the cabinet to any Local Library folder you might make. It's also a good place to create IR folders or subfolders which you can just copy your IR's into. Since you're already using IR's you've probably already done some of this.

Doesn't take much effort to create as large a library of cabs as you'd like.

• It isn’t quite as obvious as you might think but it works no problem at all.

First right click on the Cabinet Icon. On the context menu select Lock All but Cabinet. Now just change to any new rig you want or browse through rigs until you find a cabinet you like. This will only load the Cabinet from each rig. Once you are happy with the cabinet you can save the rig or drag the cabinet to the preset area to make it a preset for future use. Or you can do both if you really want.

• Thank you to both of you for those very helpful hints. Indeed, it's not very intuitive, as I expected all the cabs available in the context menu of the Cab module. Would be great to see that in the future.

Stage user

• If we would list all cabs from all Rigs in the context menu, that list would include more than 18000 items.

However, if you intend to chose favorite cabs, you can do so simply storing those as cabinet presets. Then you can drag & drop those as suggested.