Damaged/Chipped painting and back light leaking on the profiler stage

• I noticed that part of the painting is chipped on my profiler stage's panel and I'm not sure what caused it. I'm pretty careful with handling it but one day I just found this when I powered my profiler and the leaking backlight can be pretty annoying... ?(

I'm just wondering if anybody encountered things like this and if there are suggestions about fixing it?

Thank you:)

• You could have had rock debris stuck in the sole of your shoe. Most guitarists leave the "love" alone on their instruments. But if it bothers you that much then mix up some matte fingernail polish.

Welcome to the forums!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• For what it’s with (and that ain’t much) - that’s not paint. For lack of a better way to put it…that’s one gigantic, heavy-duty sticker.

It looks for all the world as if something either dropped on it, or a rock was stuck in the sole of your shoe and it ground into the surface.

It sucks - and I do feel for you. Yeah…it’s minor. But it’s also *yours*….which changes the perspective.

Wear and tear is normal. That doesn’t mean it isn’t fantastically annoying at times.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Just put a small amount of clear packing tape , around the areas most likely to be damaged. Just take care to apply it slowly to avoid bubbles. I would first place a tiny amount on a corner of the factory sticker or somewhere leave it on then pull it off easily to ensure it will not affect the finish of the sticker. You could get clear plastic page binders that organize documents , and paper work cut them into the desired shapes and just tape them down at a handful of points , just do not trim them while they are on the Kemper. If you can find some heavy vinyl sticky sheeting that is clear like what they put on the lcd display during shipping that would probably be best, it never leaves any adhesive behind.

• I’ve done the above more times than. I can count on any number of things. Paint, decals…..whatever.Heck, the hardware store sells pens designed to do this for wood.

OR - Just live with it and say you’re starting a new trend:

Relic’d Kempers

????

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• So far, the only thing degrading the beauty of my stage is dog fur, that tends to get stuck on my socks and eventually ends up being scattered across the device. But I think it won't take long before the first TS plug being accidentally dropped onto will cause a ding. ;) Then... so be it. After all it's a device made to be stomped upon.