Display small icon on the KPA's display/in RM showing the type of the profile

• As I understand it from the manual, the act of merging a cab from a studio profile to a direct profile creates a "difference" between those two profiles, resulting in a separated cab preset and a merged profile, that is predestined to be used with Imprints or a guitar cab. AFAICT, if the maker of the merged profile forgets to name it so it is clear, it's a merged profile, nobody will ever know.

So my FR would be to display a small icon along with the resulting merged profile and the cab preset that makes it clear, that I'm dealing with a merged profile.

P.S.: is that information alreay part of the metadata of a profile?

Stage user

• The difference between a Studio PROFILE and a Merged PROFILE is smaller, than what you might think.

Overall there is no sound difference. If you monitor via full-range equipment like in-ears, headphones, studio monitors, wedges, PA or home entertainment systems or if you record, it's completely irrelevant.

If you activate Monitor Cab. Off and suppress the cabinet simulation for the MONITOR OUTPUT and SPEAKER OUTPUT to drive a guitar speaker cabinet, the Merged PROFILE plays the Direct PROFILE embedded in it. And only in this scenario the Merged PROFILE is a bit more authentic. Which still doesn't mean that you like it better! Sometimes users prefer the bit less authentic and approximated sound of the Studio PROFILE with Monitor Cab. Off.

At the end of the day you need to judge with your ears anyhow. Be pragmatic instead of taking an over-academic approach.

• Thanks Burkhard. Indeed, to my surprise, my favorite profile to use with the Kabinet in Imprint mode is actually a studio profile by MBritt.

But my FR aims more at making organizing profiles easier and that I don't wanna do using my ears. ;) It also lifts the burden of adding the information to the name of the profile off the user during the process of profiling.

Stage user

• I think the information if the profile is studio one or merged is not part of the metadata, thus it can't be distinguished by rig manager. Otherwise it would've been done long time ago.

• As a matter of fact, the topic is even more complicated:

You could combine a Direct PROFILE or the amp portion of a Merged PROFILE via preset with a cabinet PROFILE based on an IR or another Merged PROFILE. The result would not be a Merged PROFILE in its true sense, but include components of high authentity like a Merged PROFILE.

You could build "bastard PROFILEs" combining components of high authentity with others of normal authentity. Later you could pick components of high authentity from these bastards and create completely high authentical PROFILEs.

Consequently we would need qualifiers on amp and cab level and not just two labels on Rig/stack level.

We could make this really complex. And if then people start to organize their Rig pool along these lines, I'm afraid that becomes complex and meaningless. CamperBollie is confirming, that he selects sounds based on other criterias. Why then make such a fuss about it?

• We could make this really complex. And if then people start to organize their Rig pool along these lines, I'm afraid that becomes complex and meaningless. CamperBollie is confirming, that he selects sounds based on other criterias. Why then make such a fuss about it?

Not sure what to think about calling Feature Requests "making a fuss".

Stage user