Rig exchange effects.

• That's a great idea. For awhile I struggled with effects patches, but now I got it down and love them! Tonejunkie is AMAZING with effects, I use all of their stuff. Check them out. If you find some cool stuff out there, post it here. I love noodling with delay and mods. I still use Gundy's Gilmourish patch that came stock with the Kemp. It sounds killer cranked thru a stereo tube power amp and 4x12 cab.

• I've been looking to replicate the ADA flanger that Pat Travers used on "Puttin it straight" album and the Mutron phaser RUSH used. Normally I'm pretty good at replicating effects but those two I've never got just right. There are so many variables, and stages etc. in modulation effects.

• I've been looking to replicate the ADA flanger that Pat Travers used on "Puttin it straight" album and the Mutron phaser RUSH used. Normally I'm pretty good at replicating effects but those two I've never got just right. There are so many variables, and stages etc. in modulation effects.

I still remember the chewy, 3D sound of the ADA flanger from the first time I plugged into one in about 1981. I was a 15 year old kid with a Fender Mustang and a Twin Reverb that the school had purchased. I've still never heard a flanger that sounds thick and organic like that.

• I still remember the chewy, 3D sound of the ADA flanger from the first time I plugged into one in about 1981. I was a 15 year old kid with a Fender Mustang and a Twin Reverb that the school had purchased. I've still never heard a flanger that sounds thick and organic like that.

I know, I wish someone would tell me the settings to get the Kemper flanger to sound like one!

How close have you gotten? Have you got those patches up on the exchange?

• I know, I wish someone would tell me the settings to get the Kemper flanger to sound like one!

I've never heard another flanger that has that almost "rubbery" sound. I'd love to try one again to find out if it was just my juvenile ears. They did a reissue, but I seem to remember the reviews weren't great. The old ones had a power cord and plugged straight into the wall. Not a risk I'd be keen to take on stage.

• Maybe there is and I'm unaware but I wish there was a dedicated place on rig exchange that had user effect patches like "Barracuda" or "Unchained" flange. "Pat Travers" ADA flange etc.

Dyno is my kind of guy!

When I use the flanger, I always have a tendency to lower it a lot it the mix - usually to 50%. Even though I might need it to go 100% to match a cover, my playstyle doesn't work when it's that strong. It will sound nice on the original song but it's over-bearing when I use it. The phaser is the same. I wouldn't mind different presets for all the popular songs but I'll probably cut them down anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've never been satisfied with the flanger and phaser up front. I always place them in the loop. It just sounds smoother to me that way.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 3 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• Dyno is my kind of guy!

When I use the flanger, I always have a tendency to lower it a lot it the mix - usually to 50%. Even though I might need it to go 100% to match a cover, my playstyle doesn't work when it's that strong. It will sound nice on the original song but it's over-bearing when I use it. The phaser is the same. I wouldn't mind different presets for all the popular songs but I'll probably cut them down anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've never been satisfied with the flanger and phaser up front. I always place them in the loop. It just sounds smoother to me that way.

TopJimi’s EVH pack is my fave. The flange is there, the phaser is there, the Cathedral delay is there…very nice.

• Whilst Im not a big effects guy, I think this is great idea.

To be able to store and share FX presets, particularly as the direction for Kemper is to have an effect and use presets to mimic either pedals or songs e.g. Kemper Drive.

+1

• I want to stick to the free and do-it-yourself stuff. ;)

I know most people are not like me but if I bought some modeller instead of the Kemper I would be bored after a couple weeks of playing with it.

The thing I love the most about the Kemper is that I will be old and grey before I get close to doing all the profiling and testing I plan to do with it. Tweaking, adjusting, swapping cabs, etc is insanely fun to me.

The Kemper is undiscovered country. You never know, tomorrow you might add some effect pedal to a loop in your amp and profile it to create the greatest sound anyone has ever heard. You cant do that with a modeller.