Best Kemper Stage to Use for Mains and Monitor for Live Performance

• I'm going to be playing my first live show with my Kemper Stage tomorrow night. I have a Head Rush that I plan to use as a personal monitor for just my guitar, so I can keep my primary monitor devoted to just vocals. What's the best way to run this type of setup? Obviously the sound guy will plug into the "Main" XLR input. Should he use both or just one? Which input should I use for the signal to my Head Rush? If the sound guy just uses one of the "Main XLR" inputs, I suppose I can use the other one. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• from page 60 & 61 of the manual

MAIN OUTPUT: These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: amp, cabinet, and all effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift in the menu of the Output Section to prevent a loop hum.

MONITOR OUTPUT: Use these outputs to connect the PROFILER to a powered stage monitor for mono, or two powered stage monitors for stereo. These outputs have their own level control and ground lift in the menu of the Output Section

look at the output section, the default setting for monitor out (goes to your headrush) should be Master Mono, so one instrument cord to your monitor.

The main outs are set by default to Master Stereo, so if a stereo signal needs to go to front of house use L & R. If you only need a mono send to front of house change the main outs L & R in the output section to Master Mono, then only one cable to mixer.

The output settings are listed in the manual on pages 112, 113 & 114?

• Hi Brenkj

Dan Leggatt produced a YT vid on this which I found really useful

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My personal recommendation would be to run your monitor from the monitor outs and make sure to unlink the Main Output so you can control your monitor volume without affecting the FOH volume.

Cheers

Q

• Hi Brenkj, I was going to reply then saw you have probably done the gig by now.

So how did it go, and what did you use in the end? FWIW I was going to say I haven't used the Kemper Stage live yet, but have used a Helix with Headrush as monitor. XLR to front of house at line level, 1/4" out to the Headrush at Inst level. Only need one XLR out(Left/Mono for Helix, but looks like you need to set one to 'Mono', as HowardBrown says above, on Kemper), but you can send two if you want (if you do fancy stereo stuff...).

Hope the gig went well.