Second time round - now need some help setting up.

• Hello All,

Yes I'm back, I was last here in 2014.

Now I have completely forgotten everything.

So I'm starting from the beginning.

I have a Power Rack and controller.

I need 3 or 4 sounds straight up.

Clean, Marshall crunch, then a lead or two.

Please let me know what settings and tip's you have.

It will save me a lot of time searching and would be greatly appreciated.

At this stage it's just for rehearsal, using a 2 x 12 Marshall 1936 Cab.

So I know turn off the cab :)

But for deeper menu stuff, I'm going to have to do a lot of reading.

Looking forward to your help.

Cheers,

Gezza.

• 1st of all upgrade your Profiler to the latest OS version, if you want to use Rig Manager upgrade it to the latest version as well. Than download and read Main Manual 8.5. Everything is available on the web in support section.

• Hey Guys,

Thanks so much.

I do have my backup file, but prefer to start clean.

So what is the best way to get volumes right? between all rigs.

I'm also a bit confused with a master volume, then and volume for the rigs.

What is the best setting for these?

• Again, check 1st if you have newest version of OS and if you want to use Rig Manager check it as well. Than download and read Main Manual 8.5 where you can find answers to almost all your questions. For examle for balancing volumes between all rigs you should use Rig Volume but there are other possibilites like Clean Sense .... etc.

• I would suggest the following:

1) Use your cabs as monitors and go direct when playing live. So to do that you need ti unlink you volumes and set the -12db soft switch.

2) Search for Marshall based rigs, set them up in a performance as your baseline, each slot dedicated to the relevant sound ( Clean, Crunch etc).

3) Balance the sounds at home using rig volume

4) Play them and reheasal and use rig volume for the respective volumes - should take minutes. Obviously save all changes.

5) Look into using Morph as a single button press boost - for example use slot 3 as rhythm. Press 3 again on the remote and you'll see the upper led light up. increase rig volume a bit, press save. You can now toggle on slot 3 between these 2 volumes on the same sound, perfect for small boosts for riffs...

That should get you 90% there...

• Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for all the help.

So, still not sure about the volumes.

So first you need to set your rig volume, once they are all close.

I ticked monitor out under master volume, so now the master volume actually works.

Do you guys have a short cut for rig volume or go to value.

I know once I set them up, then I can then just adjust the mater volume, like a normal amp.

• Ok,

As everyone said update the Profiler, I did.

I am now having remote issues.

It works fine for hours, then just randomly turns off.

It just seems to turn off, then I have to reboot to reestablish connection.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• No check your cable obviously..

• Its pretty straight forward.

First, you are using the speaker out of your Powerhead to a cab? Once you have unlinked volumes, you should be able to control the overall volume with the master.

Then use the rig volume knob on the front panel to change rig volumes - think of rig volume as a the channel volume on a regular amp, which you use to balance the rig volumes between each of them. Then master for overall as you say, easy.

As Paults said you can set up a clean and gained sound as your baseline to work against.

• Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for all the help and tips.

I have been tweaking away for the last week.

Hopefully ready for my first band rehearsal on Tuesday.

Will it sound good or will I be forever tweaking.

I will report back early next week, with my update.

• The Hi- and Lo-cut thing seems to have helped me. I’m not certain, as i may have been messing with other things around the same time, but when I set these parameters, I reached a place where I am thrilled by the Kemper and I can’t imagine anything else sounding better—including real amps.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey Guys,

What's the best approach for Solo boost?

I tried to copy my current pedalboard.

So I have set up.

Gate, Wah, Comp, Dist, then EQ, Boost, Delay, Reverb.

Then for a solo boost, I hit Dist and boost, on the one pedal.

Not sure that sounds the best.

As I am trying to fatten up by lead tone and push the sound louder then my rhythm.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Gezza.