Graphic EQ (sliders) and two other things

• I’m sure there’s a technical reason why parametric is ‘better,’ but is there any reason why we can’t/shouldn’t have a 10-band graphic EQ with sliders? Graphically like any pedal, a Mesa Boogie amp, or a 1985 combo stereo receiver? I’m probably too dense to quickly grok the rotary knob thing, whereas with sliders, I can see at a glance what I want to do. Plus, it corresponds visually to what a frequency metering shows.

The other thing:

I would love to be able to save an effect block as a preset without dragging it to a folder in the sidebar, and then—more importantly—be able to select that preset with an option+click in that preset block rather than having to drag it back in from the sidebar folder.

Basically, I have folders of profiles in Rig Manager for each guitar and when I’m editing one of those profiles, I don’t want to have to go to another folder to look for a preset, drag it onto the block and then return to that preset in that folder.

And another:

Is there a way to turn blocks on and off without double clicking? I kinda feel like a click should be what selects a block, but a radio button in the corner of each block would be more effective to turn them on or off. Similar to the Lock button, but more obvious. Maybe I’m just clumsy, but with selecting and on/off both being some variation of the click, I’m always turning something on/off by accident when all I wanted to do was select it… or vice versa.

• Basically, I have folders of profiles in Rig Manager for each guitar and when I’m editing one of those profiles, I don’t want to have to go to another folder to look for a preset, drag it onto the block and then return to that preset in that folder.

Right Click on the Presets Folder and select open in new window. You can then have your rigs open in the main RM window and a second window with the Presets so you can reach for a preset without navigating away from the Rigs folder.

And another:

Is there a way to turn blocks on and off without double clicking? I kinda feel like a click should be what selects a block, but a radio button in the corner of each block would be more effective to turn them on or off. Similar to the Lock button, but more obvious. Maybe I’m just clumsy, but with selecting and on/off both being some variation of the click, I’m always turning something on/off by accident when all I wanted to do was select it… or vice versa.

You can use the numbers keys on the keyboard. Blocks are number 1 - 8 if you press 5 it will select the X block, 7 will select the Delay block etc. The radio button to turn on/off is basically on the left hand side of the edit section. If you use numbers to select a block you could use the mouse to toggle on /off the effect in the left edit area. Or you can just double key the number which seems easier to me.

I’m sure there’s a technical reason why parametric is ‘better,’

Parametric and Graphic are totally different things. Think of parametric as being a surgical scalpel which graphic is a rusty old blunt cross cur saw. You wouldn’t use the saw to carry out heart surgery but you wouldn’t use the scalpel to frame your house.

• The other thing:

I would love to be able to save an effect block as a preset without dragging it to a folder in the sidebar, and then—more importantly—be able to select that preset with an option+click in that preset block rather than having to drag it back in from the sidebar folder.

You can do this within Rig Manager already

• Right Click on the Presets Folder and select open in new window. You can then have your rigs open in the main RM window and a second window with the Presets so you can reach for a preset without navigating away from the Rigs folder.

You can use the numbers keys on the keyboard. Blocks are number 1 - 8 if you press 5 it will select the X block, 7 will select the Delay block etc. The radio button to turn on/off is basically on the left hand side of the edit section. If you use numbers to select a block you could use the mouse to toggle on /off the effect in the left edit area. Or you can just double key the number which seems easier to me.

Parametric and Graphic are totally different things. Think of parametric as being a surgical scalpel which graphic is a rusty old blunt cross cur saw. You wouldn’t use the saw to carry out heart surgery but you wouldn’t use the scalpel to frame your house.

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm experiencing some extreme back pain and can't play for a while. Had no idea about the number keys. Hope to be able to try these tips later this week. Thank you.

• Sorry for the delayed response. I'm experiencing some extreme back pain and can't play for a while. Had no idea about the number keys. Hope to be able to try these tips later this week. Thank you.

Back pain is no fun. Missed a year of work from 2006 - 2007 due to injury. Hang in there!

• Back pain is no fun. Missed a year of work from 2006 - 2007 due to injury. Hang in there!

Ooh. Yeah, i'm grateful that mine is not a chronic issue. I have a thing where once a year or so, i'll just do something—nothing actually—and something will hurt like the dickens for a week, but not much more than that. The perils of aging. I might have just reached for a cup this time. Once, i just woke up like that. Once, it was a sneeze. Once, it was just stumbling as i put on my pants.... Ironically, for a 54-year old, i'm reasonably athletic and not in bad shape. But, some little innocuous twist will have me locked up for a week. I cannot imagine losing a year to this. Wow. You had to deal with painkillers, i'm assuming? Are you watching Dopesick? And the new season of Goliath is also about opioids and such....

• Ooh. Yeah, i'm grateful that mine is not a chronic issue. I have a thing where once a year or so, i'll just do something—nothing actually—and something will hurt like the dickens for a week, but not much more than that. The perils of aging. I might have just reached for a cup this time. Once, i just woke up like that. Once, it was a sneeze. Once, it was just stumbling as i put on my pants.... Ironically, for a 54-year old, i'm reasonably athletic and not in bad shape. But, some little innocuous twist will have me locked up for a week. I cannot imagine losing a year to this. Wow. You had to deal with painkillers, i'm assuming? Are you watching Dopesick? And the new season of Goliath is also about opioids and such....

I'll PM not to sidetrack thread.

• how?

I saved some personal effects presets on my Stage and when in RM the presets does not exist in the effect block. I also have to open another window drag drop etc.

If I save an effect block to my Kemper then it is available in the preset list for that block. Worked the same from the device before there was an editor in Rig Manager too.

• If I save an effect block to my Kemper then it is available in the preset list for that block. Worked the same from the device before there was an editor in Rig Manager too.

Can you tell/show us what you're talking about?

I have a folder called My Effects Presets. In the sidebar, it looks like they're on my Kemper Stage (My Profiler).

It seems like you're saying that you do the same thing, and to use them, all you have to do is Control+click on the effect block, and find the appropriate preset in that menu. But, i don't see them.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/mNh0NNV.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/OP1yoS7.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/9jyajLN.jpg]