oh christ....

• came here to ask if anyone could help with rig manager never updating correctly. It seems like I have to uninstall and reinstall about 5 or 6 times and delete everything in my registry until I get lucky and it just starts working one day. I'm seriously fed up with this prroblem as it's been a constant for the last year and a half.

Lo and behold, I come to the forum, and every thread is about this. So I'm assuming this software is just a disaster on windows and there is no chance for stability, right? Excuse the pessimism, but I really don't want to read through dozens of threads just to find out what I already know- this software doesn't work.

• I don't think every thread in here describes a situation like yours. In any case, please open a support ticket on our website and i'll work with you on a solution.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Yes, you're right. There are a few different kinds of problems people are running into. But, some good news, I suppose it is suddenly "working" now, I can open the software.

The installer ends prematurely. But I am able to open the app anyways. I think I will just never try updating it again because I don't want to tinker around with it for an hour until it starts working, for reasons unbeknownst to me. I just want to use something that will allow me to browse through my rigs. The software currently does that, so I don't see the point in every applying future updates. Of course, I may be forced to if I want to update the profiler OS. I think I'll just refrain from applying any sort of updates whatsoever.

• It may be a software conflict with something else on your PC. I run Rig Manager on a Windows 10 Laptop and I have not had any of the issues I have seen threads about here. I don't really have a lot of other software installed on the laptop. I use it pretty much for music related things so I keep it pretty clean.

• I think once a few years back I had to restart a Rig Manager update, but pretty sure that was due to a Windows update that was being applied in the background. I'm an IT manager, so my system is always pretty much patched to the latest update. I highly recommend updating if you haven't.

Sorry to hear that you're having a lousy time with it.