Noob questions for Stage

• When I turn off the Stage, I have to hold the power button for 5-8 seconds...ZZZzzzzz Is there a setting to alter this somewhere? I like the idea but I dont play out live so I dont need it.

In Rig manager there are DEFAULT settings for any parameter you are changing. Is there a way to reset a value on the STAGE itself? Would be nice, if I tweak something then want it to go back, to just press a button. Especially for really touchy settings.

• I haven't found any way to adjust that. I am sure the unit is going through a shut down process to ensure no data corruption in it. It may just need that time for that process to finish. If you could change it to do that process with a quick push of the power button you could accidently turn it off fairly easy.

• yes, you can edit any parameter directly, on the Stage

I would suggest you download the full manual, not the QuickStart, and study it

I've gone through the manual but found nothing on changing the power down options - the only reference to power off on the Stage is as follows:

Use the On/Off Button to switch the PROFILER Stage on and off.

If you use this button to power off before disconnecting the power cable, the Stage will remain in standby as soon as you reconnect it to a power source. If you disconnect the power while the unit is still active, either by switching off a power distributor, pulling the plug, or in the case of a general power outage, the Stage will automatically restart as soon as a power source is reconnected.

You can dim the brightness of this button in off-state by pressing the SYSTEM button.

Are you saying you know a way to alter the power down? Or were you referring to the ability to reset to default settings? Haven't found any way to do that either, but may have missed it.

• Are you saying you know a way to alter the power down?

The power down cannot be altered.

On/Off Button (1)

If you use this button to power off before disconnecting the power cable, the Stage will remain in standby as soon as you reconnect it to a power source. If you disconnect the power while the unit is still active, either by switching off a power distributor, pulling the plug, or in the case of a general power outage, the Stage will automatically restart as soon as a power source is reconnected.

• The power down cannot be altered.

On/Off Button (1)

Thanks, didn't think so.

• Yeah, i would appreciate this as an option to change it to something significantly shorter. I can appreciate that it's a safeguard, against an accidental press. But, for me, at home, i'm not in the middle of a gig—two seconds should suffice. Or, Instant-Off with a combination of two buttons—that would be cool, too, as long as i could do it with one hand....

• So the time it takes to switch off the Stage is not because the device is doing necessary processing but just to avoid accidental shut off.

In other words: It is correct and safe to shut it off from the power distributor and it will switch on automatically when switching on the power distributor.

Correct?

It sounds fantastic to me.

• As I stated I do not play out live, so, I have no issues with an instant off power button. My E-drums for instance power off after about 1 sec of holding the button. Just thought it would be a good feature to add if its not in the Kemper already. No big deal. I was just hoping the option exists and I just could not find it.

• I said it was to prevent accidental shutoff, but I only read that in a forum response to someone asking the same questions. I don’t know that this is the actual reason. I don’t recall if that answer was for an ‘official’ source.