Rosbone DSL40 HD cabinet

• When I first got my Kemper I started profiling all sorts of things that I had laying around. Most profiles were made on a Marshall DSL40 combo with an Eminence 1x12" I had laying around.

Later on I started playing around with swapping cabs on various profiles and one cab always stood out. I have no idea why but this cab is the loudest, sounds very clear, and seems to have the best dynamic range of all the cabs I have played with.

So I did a quick test with a Michael Britt amp that came on my Kemper. I made an audio test with 4 different cabs. The first section is the MB cab from the original. The 2nd section is my bizarre cab. The next two were a Celestion IR and a Marshall 1960 cab. Starting at a bout 1:29 I clipped the sounds closer together so comparison.

I have no idea why this cab came out so good. You could probably EQ the original MB cab or adjust the MB cab settings to get it closer to this cab if desired. But I keep finding myself falling back to this cab for most of the profiles I start editing. And I thought someone else may enjoy it also.

The cab has a very clear speaker sound with a little boost around 120Hz. If it gets too boomy I add a studio EQ after the amp/cab with about 3-5dB cut at 120Hz with a high Q (1.2-1.5).

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I added the Michael Britt rig with my cab so you guys can get it here. I dont know about posting a modified rig like this on the Exchange. I dont want to clutter up the exchange.

RosboneCab_DSL40HD1.zip

I have found this cab really useful for use on DI profiles. Some of my fav new profiles are from DI's thru this cab.