Acoustic-Sound of Melissa Etheridge, Like the way I do

• There is an acoustic simulator in the Kemper. I have not had a chance to play with it yet but I have seen a lot of good comments about it on here and other forums. I have seen people post on other forums that it is the best acoustic simulator that they have ever heard or used. I will get to playing with it some day but haven't made it there yet.

• I am experimenting with the acoustic sim. It is very good but find I get a little closer by using a profile of an Avalon preamp and the studio eq. Some compression can help as well. Other fox to taste

• Thank you so far.

But has anybody experiences with the live guitar (sound of a 12 string Ovation) of Melissa Etheridge if you want a Strat with a Kemper sound like that?

Edited once, last by music ().

• Thank you so far.

But has anybody experiences with the live guitar (sound of a 12 string Ovation) of Melissa Etheridge?

I believe the guitar has it's own built-in preamp. Maybe she plugs in to her Axe FX III or Badger 35?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• There are a bunch of acoustic sims on the Rig exchange. Even one called 12 string. I have only tried one and it was really cool. I think I sorted by number of votes and picked the most voted on sim.

I also have a clean amp tone somewhere that had a 12 string type of effect. I think it was an octaver or detuner or something. It didnt sound great but it added some meat to the sound.

Just a couple of places for you to get started on your journey.