Q - Can i use a Yamaha THR II as the speaker for a Kemper?

• Hello All

Quick question - I have a Yamaha THR II which appears to have a flat mode which i think is a flat range response mode. I am wondering if i could then just use this as a speaker for the Kemper instead of having to go and buy either new studio monitors or a FRFR Speaker ? I read something a while back which said you need to be careful connecting certain amps to the kemper otherwise might break it or something?

The details of the THR are below for those not familiar with it? And also how would i need to connect it to it? Many thanks for any help !

https://www.thomann.de/ie/yama…Vas2_d20h6OhoCqLUQAvD_BwE

Modelling Combo Amplifier for Electric Guitar

• Built-in wireless receiver compatible with the Line 6 Relay G10 transmitter (Art Nr

(not included))
    • Integrated rechargeable battery
    • 5 Storage locations
    • Realistic tube amp sounds and playing feel
    • Built-in effects, Bluetooth and USB
    • New amp models for electric guitar and bass
    • Microphone models for acousto-electric and flat voicings
    • 3 Amp modes per amp type: Modern, Boutique, Classic
    • 6 Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Reverb
    • THR Remote Editor/Librarian app for desktop and mobile devices
    • 1 Channel
    • Power: 20 W
    • Controls: Amp Mode, Gain, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, Effect, Echo/Rev, Guitar Output, Audio Output
    • Switch: Memory 1-5, Tap/Tuner
    • Instrument input: 6.3 mm Jack
    • Aux input: 3.5 mm
    • Headphone output: 3.5 mm Stereo jack
    • USB
    • Dimensions (W x D x H): 368 x 140 x 183 mm
    • Weight: 3.2 kg
    • Includes a 15V 3A power supply
  • I would be inclined to try going into the AUX input with a suitable cable. Use the main (Kemper 1/4" jacks will be fine) output(s), NOT the speaker output if your Kemper is powered.

The aux on the Yamaha MAY be stereo? Edit: seems like it is!

BEFORE you connect, turn all the volumes down on the Kemper and the Yamaha and gradually increase (Yamaha first, so you can avoid overdriving the input) I see no value in going into the front end of the Yamaha (nothing to stop you trying it, though - it will be like feeding an amp into an amp).

• I used my toaster into my thr10 into the aux with 2 1/4” into stereo mini jack cable. Worked fine albeit you couldn’t push it real loud without some breakup. The flat response on the input worked too but overall preferred the aux input. I still prefer using my studio monitors but the THR would work.

• lewie2020

I run the Stage headphone output to the THRII 30 AUX* input. It works fine. I enjoy it for what it is - a terrific amp for a small room with all the added benefits of the PROFILER.

And I like the THRII 30 on its own too.

*Using the AUX input bypasses all the amp modeling so you can ignore all those settings. You don't have to switch to the FLAT mode.